Favorite Bob Dylan album?
Jan 1, 2009 at 8:47 PM Post #16 of 24
Quote:

Originally Posted by tim_j_thomas /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His previously unreleased bootleg stuff is great!

Listening to Disc 2 from Volume 7 right now. Outtakes and alternative tracks from the Highway 61 and Blonde On Blonde sessions. Amazing stuff.

300_3323.jpg

They're spoon feeding Casanova the boiled guts of birds.

Jan 1, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #17 of 24
Such a hard choice! For me it's Freewheelin' Bob Dylan because it was the first Dylan album I heard; it reminds me of my first love and a deceased friend. Music can have such a powerful effect on memory, any song from that album and I am lost for a while.

Jan 2, 2009 at 10:25 PM Post #19 of 24
It is tough to choose just one. So many are great - Freewheelin', Highway 61, Blood on the Tracks, Before the Flood, etc. I voted other, The Bootleg Series Volume 4: The "Royal Albert Hall Concert" as it has not yet been specifically mentioned. Believe the hype. And Garth Hudson's great organ playing is not mentioned often enough.

Jan 3, 2009 at 2:38 AM Post #20 of 24
Still haven't voted, but I'll tell you what…the tally for Blood On The Tracks made me return to it for the first time since I had it on vinyl. What a lovely, powerful record! Geez, I'd really forgotten…thanx, cats. It may get my vote just 'cuz I already know I'm gonna be playing it a lot in the next few weeks.

Feb 2, 2012 at 9:18 PM Post #22 of 24
So I might be bringing up an older thread, but I'd still like to voice my thoughts on the topic...

It's true that it's hard to have a favorite, and I believe favorites can change quickly or slowly over time.  I haven't fully listened to all of Bob Dylan's studio release albums, but my current favorite is Time Out of Mind.

Feb 5, 2012 at 6:14 AM Post #23 of 24
Huge Dylan fan here. Blonde on Blonde will always be his greatest work by a significant margin but if I had to rank them

1. Blonde on Blonde
2. Blood On The Tracks
3. Highway 61 Revisited
4. Bringing It All Back Home
5. Time Out Of Mind

Aug 25, 2013 at 9:31 PM Post #24 of 24
Tell Tale Signs
Street Legal
Slow Train Coming
Blood on the Tracks
Oh Mercy
Desire
Infidels
Time Out of Mind
Bootleg Series 1-3
Highway 61 Rev.

damn, theres so many. in hindsight, many that were once thought bad, are in actuality just different. to be sure, some are pretty lousy: the christmas album, Knocked Out Loaded, Saved, Shot of Love... but c'mon theres like 20 legitimately great studio albums and all of the bootleg series are exceptional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back