Favorite blogs?
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

tintin47

Headphoneus Supremus
What are some of your favorite blogs? I always like finding new good/funny things to read and I am wondering what head-fi thinks.

My recent favorites are BoingBoing, 11points, and more recently, I have been enjoying the EEV blog. The last is just a video blog of a crazy australian electrical engineer who rants about things etc. It gets tired but is great in small doses. There was a pretty funny one a while back where he talked about audio cables etc: EEVblog #29 – Audiophile Audiophoolery @ Electronics Engineering Video Blog Podcast

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:42 AM Post #3 of 15
I'm not a fan of word-blogs much. Unless they have images
smily_headphones1.gif

Not a blog as such, but fun visuals - the cartoon book is seriously fantastic!

Quimby The Mouse on Vimeo

More: cartoons decorated on paintings - this artist creates stories around paintings - a work in progress:

artemis draws

This one based on photos has more words but fun shots:

carrotblog

Photoblogs and cartoonblogs are great
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 10:47 AM Post #4 of 15
Most of the blogs on The Telegraph website, Norman Tebbit has a quite new one there which has been very good so far and Boris Johnson is always a lighthearted bit of a read.

Less seriously. I read a few friends blogs. I'm certain of no interest to anyone here. Oh, and the Brewdog Brewary Blog too.

Jan 22, 2010 at 12:32 PM Post #5 of 15
It's not so much of a blog but I really like it.
Check out RayWilliamJohnson on YouTube. Twice a week!

Jan 22, 2010 at 2:37 PM Post #8 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nothing to do with audio, but this is the best blog I have found yet:

The Daily Mohsin

Don't always agree with him but his arguments are incredibly well researched and informed. Very clever bloke.

His "well researched" arguments are based on nonobjective resources and his text is written so you will immediately see only one side's point of view.

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As far as political blogs go, I love fivethirtyeight.com

QFT. i'm also addicted to Andrew Sullivan's Daily Dish

Jan 22, 2010 at 3:53 PM Post #12 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by guyx1992 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
His "well researched" arguments are based on nonobjective resources and his text is written so you will immediately see only one side's point of view.

They are comment peices - the point is he is expressing his point of view and forming an argument with sources to back up his views.

Non-objective resources? Care to back that up?

He has incredibly impressive skills of rhetoric and in the forming of arguments.

I might not agree with every point he makes, but he's a very good writer and that's why I read his blog.

I do find it very hard to believe you've read much of it before commenting either looking at time stamps so I find it hard to believe you're own opinion is "objective" either
jecklinsmile.gif

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:07 PM Post #13 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by EddieE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They are comment peices - the point is he is expressing his point of view and forming an argument with sources to back up his views.

Non-objective resources? Care to back that up?

He has incredibly impressive skills of rhetoric and in the forming of arguments.

I might not agree with every point he makes, but he's a very good writer and that's why I read his blog.

I do find it very hard to believe you've read much of it before commenting either looking at time stamps so I find it hard to believe you're own opinion is "objective" either
jecklinsmile.gif

I've read his blog once before. This post I went through it. I will give a more detailed response once I read all of it.
If you want I will be more than happy to elaborate on the 'Non-objective resources?" in PM or IM because I don't want it to become a political thread.

Jan 22, 2010 at 4:12 PM Post #14 of 15
You're welcome to PM me your views; I'm always interested to hear other people's points of view.

Personally I've read this blog for a while now and have checked all his footnotes and am happy with his reliability.

There are times when I disagree with his conclusions but I've found the research and exposition to be of a very high quality, and it's always clear in his writing when he is expressing an opinion and exposing a fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back