Favorite Audio Manufacturer
Jun 5, 2005 at 12:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 77

peter braun

500+ Head-Fier
Do any of you have a soft spot for a particular audio manufacturer? I have developed a real love of McIntosh equipment in the last year, and have been fortunate enough to pick up a nearly perfect MAC4100 receiver. I have also always had a fondness for Sansui pieces pre-1980. Accuphase amps have a certain attraction also, though I have never owned one.

Jun 5, 2005 at 12:09 AM Post #3 of 77
car audio: pioneer headunits, hifonics amps, image dynamics speakers, and powerbase subs.

home theater/home stereo: Not really brand loyal, although I hav always enjoyed the denon pieces I have owned. really like my Triad 10" sub.

I have boston separates for my 5.1 but IMHO they severely lack midbass.

Jun 5, 2005 at 12:38 AM Post #4 of 77
Coby.
plainface.gif

J/K
tongue.gif

Seriously though, maybe Pioneer. I've liked their CD Players for a long time.

Jun 5, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #5 of 77
Singlepower Audio
Legacy-Audio
Krell
Audio Aero
And I hope I have as much trouble free, great music, with my new Parasound JC-1 amps as the stuff I have had from the above mentioned companies.
tongue.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:05 AM Post #7 of 77
LMAO man!

I'm partial to Denon and Marantz, though all of their stuff is too expensive for me (well, except the Karma
biggrin.gif
).

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:07 AM Post #8 of 77
McIntosh, Joseph Audio, Beyerdynamic. Wish I could afford to buy stock in them, they'll all be around for a long time. They all understand customer service and producing a quality product.

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:19 AM Post #11 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
Sony

Ditto.....
rolleyes.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 2:37 AM Post #12 of 77
Bryston. The best warranty service in the business. Their amps come with a 20 year warranty and their turnaround time is 1 or 2 days max. You can take your amp in at any time and they will check that it's still meeting original specs and if not, fix it right away ... no questions asked.

Plus, I know the owners. Nice people.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 5, 2005 at 3:44 AM Post #13 of 77
car audio:
diamond audio - took an early liking to this company over 2 years ago and i cant get enough of there product.
jl audio - great product, a little on the high side price wise, but my next vehicle will probably have some jl product in it.
eclipse/clarion - source units, thats all i have to say.

home audio:
limited experience but:
B&W for speakers (i dont really like there subs)
velodyne for subs, i really like sealed subs and i like velodynes selection
marantz for low price, high quality dvd players and recievers
rotel for higher end equipment

usually, once i take a liking to a company, its hard for me to switch. if that one company can continously get my business with great product, i dont like changing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back