fav techno/trance song
Nov 3, 2004 at 8:37 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

sbatth

Head-Fier
i'm not big on trance, but i just listened to the grado sr-60s for the first time and threw this song on:

the rapture - sister saviour (blackstrobe remix)

man... very nice (headphones and song). thanks to CC, this is completely legal for me to do... these artists are pro-choice... when it comes to copyright. this is from the new wired cd http://creativecommons.org/wired/.... i got this from the legal torrent w/the entire album ripped at 320kbps.

Nov 3, 2004 at 11:50 PM Post #2 of 20
I don't have a favorite song per se, more like favorite albums. Right now I'm digging the Shpongle albums, but my all time favorite would be Oakenfolds "Tranceport".

Nov 4, 2004 at 12:08 AM Post #3 of 20
I don't think I have one favorite song that I like more than all others, but there are certain songs that I find myself listening to over and over.

Hallucinogen - Orphic Thrench
Hallucinogen - Snakey Shaker
Nissimyani - Peyote
Pleiadians - Maia
Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids
Shpongle - Divine Moments of Truth
Violet Vision - 3 Marians
younger brother - the receptive
younger brother - crumblenaut
younger brother - finger

Nov 4, 2004 at 1:59 PM Post #5 of 20
well it's not exactly a song, but dj tiesto's magik 6: live in amsterdam does make me feel happy each time i listen to it.
wink.gif

Nov 4, 2004 at 2:07 PM Post #6 of 20
"Window Licker" - Aphex Twin (Chris Cunningham's video is excellent too)

Nov 4, 2004 at 4:33 PM Post #7 of 20
that video ^ was awsome.

as for songs, i too like albums more, at least if you talking about trance. my current favorite is sashas involver, but i too <3 magik 6, even though lately I have started thinking that in search of sunrise 3 is a better mix (its different). anyhoo.

Nov 4, 2004 at 4:37 PM Post #8 of 20
I can't pick just one, if I did, it would be one of the essential mix radios from london with paul van dyke or Armen Van Buuren. 2 hours of goodness.

Infected mushroom or yahil... BTs entire rare and remixed... uhm.. damnit, yea there is no way for me to pick just one.
biggrin.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by einolu
that video ^ was awsome.

as for songs, i too like albums more, at least if you talking about trance. my current favorite is sashas involver, but i too <3 magik 6, even though lately I have started thinking that in search of sunrise 3 is a better mix (its different). anyhoo.

Involver is a stunning album. Excellent!

Great vibes Einolu!

One of my old favourites is Deep Dish's 'Yoshiesque'. A truly awesome mix album!

Nov 5, 2004 at 1:56 AM Post #10 of 20
"Techno/trance" is pretty limiting...my favorite song that falls into that genre is Orbital's "Halcyon + On + On." But if you expand it to all of electronica/trip-hop, my #1 favorite becomes Massive Attack's "Inertia Creeps." The single best track I have ever heard, not only MA's best IMO, but it beats out other standout trip-hop tracks with their own sticks and clubs to death every other electronic piece that might try to call itself a masterpiece and BELIEVE ME, I've heard the competition!

Inertia Creeps is a brilliant fusion of songwriting, musical composition, sampling, vocals, programming, atmosphere, and artistic subtext!
lambda.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 3:06 AM Post #11 of 20
Younger Brother - Scanner

the first few minutes just have beautiful amounts of detail and the way he builds into the beat is just great. believable realistic reverbs make it sound almost live at times.

i dunno, almost NOONE has the detail that Posford has...with infected mushroom's Other Side 2nd in the running (especially "Avratz"... that song has PERFECT reverbs and you can totally envision it being live...there's just a certain air around the whole production quality that is leaps and bounds above what anyone else is doing. their percussion work continues to floor me and I still keep hearing new details with each listen....oh yeah, it also builds up to farking ROCK
lambda.gif
)

Nov 5, 2004 at 3:48 AM Post #13 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by Asr
"Techno/trance" is pretty limiting...my favorite song that falls into that genre is Orbital's "Halcyon + On + On."

That is a superb track!

280smile.gif

Nov 5, 2004 at 4:36 AM Post #14 of 20
Hallucinogen - Snakey Shaker

Heh, great little song. It's also *real* progressive trance (as opposed to the stuff that is normally called progressive trance). Want to hear some trance with a couple time signature changes? This has them! (3/4 4/4 and 6/8). Yeah, it's simple, but it's more interesting than most trance.

I have an mp3 of an edit of Green Nuns of the Revolution - Cor, and I like it quite a bit.

As far as favorite electronic music track, it would be the first two tracks on Orbital - Way Out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back