Fav guitar solos
Jun 14, 2003 at 12:59 AM Post #77 of 81
Steely Dan, Show Biz Kids. Rick Derringer's solo is outrageous.

[size=xx-small]i detect the el supremo...from the room at the top of the stairs...well i've been around the world...and i've been in to washington too...and in all my travels as the fat son rival i promise to be true...[/size]

Jun 14, 2003 at 7:15 AM Post #78 of 81
Mark Knopfler - "Sultans of Swing"
Mark Knopfler - "Love Over Gold"
David Gilmore - "Shine on you Crazy Diamond"

Actually, any David Gilmore/Mark Knopfler solo would suffice for me
biggrin.gif

Jun 23, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #79 of 81
1. Anything by Peter Green (Founder of Fleetwood Mac and author of "Black Magic Woman".) Greeny is an overlooked blues guitar genius. Kudos to the poster who listed the Bluesbreaker track "The Supernatural" a two minute,reverb drenched instrumental played by Peter Green, who had just stepped into Clapton's shoes as lead guitarist in Mayall's band. I defy anyone to listen to this track and not have the hairs on the back of their neck stand up. Santana named his album, "Supernatural" as a dedication to this track and to Peter Green. BB King once said that Peter Green is the only guitar player that made him sweat!

2. Any solo by David Lindley, The prince of polyester.

3. Jimi -Voodoo Child,(slight return) Otherworldly sounds from the master

4. Kelly Joe Phelps "Lead Me On" Just KJP playing his guitar lap style and stamping out the rhythm with his feet. Every track is unbelievable

5. SRV = This is a tough one as almost his entire output has such incredible, from the heart playing. I will however have to go with "Change It" from Soul to Soul

6. Dire Straits= "Sultans of Swing"

7. Allman Bros. "One Way Out" Duane & Dickey..say no more

8. Airplane (Jourma) Embryonic Journey

9. Cream (EC) "White Room"

10.Beat Farmers "Hollywood Hills"

11.Derek and The Dominoes "Why Does Love Got to Be So Sad". Eric and Duane, sounds like Clapton runs out of steam at the very end, but Duane just keeps blazing away until the fade.

12.Neil/Crazy Horse =Cowgirl In The Sand"

13.Pat Metheney "It's For You"

14. Robin Trower "Too Rolling Stoned"

15. Ry Cooder "Think Its Gonna Work Out Fine" Great slide playing by Ry and David Lindley, covering the old Ike & Tina chestnut. Doing it proud.

16. Little Feat (Lowell George) "Roll Um Easy"/"Long Distance Love" Bonnie Raitt said it best "I miss Lowell more than I miss being 8 years old". ditto

Sorry, I got carried away.

Jun 23, 2003 at 10:59 AM Post #80 of 81
No ones mentioned Rory Gallagher - some excellent solos. The one in the middle of "Sleeping on a cloths line" springs to mind. Damm all my Galaghers on record, I must get some CDs of his stuff as this threads made me want to listen to it again.

Jun 23, 2003 at 10:59 PM Post #81 of 81
A few of my fav guitar solos are
David Gilmour- Another brick in the wall part 2
David Gilmour- Pigs
David Gilmour- Comfortably numb
David Gilmour- wearing the inside out
David Gilmour- echoes

Jimmy page- stairway to heaven
Jimmy page- heartbreaker
too many to list

hendrix- little wing
hendrix- red house
hendrix machine gun

i heard zak wyldes version of eruption live at the ozzy osbourne concert which was preety awesome, one of the loudest solos ever!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back