Faulty RE0 replacement
Aug 13, 2010 at 2:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

chriz001

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, i hope this is the right section for this...

anyway, i ordered some re0 headphones after reading some great reviews on them, i live in Australia so i ordered them from Head Direct

after about a 2 week wait, i received my headphones, and they sound awesome, im super happy... so then i take them out running, as im running along, i notice a small click noise coming though not really too noticeable unless in listening to softer songs. anyway, keep running then  it feels like there is an ant biting my ear, turns out the headphone was zapping my ear where the metal casing it touching.

so i contact support via instant message, and they agree to replace them, i pay my postage to have them sent, after about 2 weeks i asked them whats the status on the headphones etc... they tell me to send an email asking and they will forward it on with urgency... no reply...

anyways i get them back a week or so later... as soon as i open the package i notice that the black paint on the metal casing is a bit worn, could be the same pair i sent, or not, but not replaced with a new pair, no biggie really, aslong as they work, so i try them, and they sound fine... untill i go running, they no longer zap me, but i am still hearing a click noise occasionally, not as frequently but its there.

so i asked customer service about this, and customer service tells me that i can send them back for replacement again! i asked them to tell me what was actually done to the headphones, and i told them that i think this is stupid and they said, the decision is up to you, and did no answer my question then signed off...

i'm unhappy with their customer service, the headphones would be awesome but i have not even had them much since i first bought them and they just don't seem to care that their product is not functioning, or the fact that postage is costing me extra ontop of what i have already paid for what was meant to be an awesome product.

the way it is now is not too big of a deal, but im concerned that the click noise will develop into the same problem over time.

what should i expect from them at this point?

Thanks heaps,
Chris.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:28 AM Post #3 of 5
I read your comment from the Re0lectrocuted thread. Similar problem. My replacement pair didn't zap me anymore however this pair looked used like my 3 years old D Jays. Still working so fine I guess.

Customer service wasn't good but it seems other were happy with their service.

Anyway If you don't mind the postage fees I would return and see if they provide a better one. There is a chance this will zap you or that clicking.

I would like to know if anyone else has this zap on the metal housing.

Aug 20, 2010 at 8:57 PM Post #4 of 5
it seems pretty lame to me that i need to pay for postage and wait again just to see if they will send me a better one, which they should have done the first time...

i think it costs like $18 Aud for the postage to china with a tracking code, so i kind of do mind to do it again... especially to get another old pair....

i dont think i will be buying from this company again...

Aug 20, 2010 at 9:48 PM Post #5 of 5
I agree with your sentiments regarding the customer service. Just use it or sell if you want. You've spend enough on postage so far for a $79 pair of earphones.

This was my first purchase from Head-Direct, probably my last. Earsonics are the best service I've ever received so far, Westone was great as well. If you want great service, warranty and IEM's I highly recommend those two.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back