Fathom from Campfire Audio - Official Thread
Mar 26, 2024 at 6:35 AM Post #61 of 65
I think that Holocene would be a great choice for this, probably our most neutral IEM. Next up would likely be Andromeda 2019 & earlier, then Andromeda 2020 and Ponderosa.
Shouldn’t Ara be somewhere on this list? The only one on these I’ve actually heard is Holocene, so I’m a little short on reference points.

Mar 26, 2024 at 4:06 PM Post #62 of 65
I think that Holocene would be a great choice for this, probably our most neutral IEM. Next up would likely be Andromeda 2019 & earlier, then Andromeda 2020 and Ponderosa.
Thanks! I have the andro 2019 and love it. Was thinking of upgrading to the fathom but haven’t had the chance to demo. Still probably will demo, but this info helps a lot :)

Mar 28, 2024 at 4:16 PM Post #65 of 65
Shouldn’t Ara be somewhere on this list? The only one on these I’ve actually heard is Holocene, so I’m a little short on reference points.

Yeah, I would agree that Ara could make this list as well. Ara does have a more drastic boost to its top-end than the Andro/Holocene do, but it is still very much oriented towards a spacious, crisp presentation and doesn't lend itself towards the more bass-focused end of things.

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back