FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Dec 11, 2023 at 7:07 PM Post #1,501 of 1,960
I have decided to sell my Scarlet Mini's which I have owned for just over a week. They come with the upgraded silver / red cable and unused ear tips. Also included is a NiceHCK Maple Flagship red cable as recommended on the forum which I purchased during the recent Ali Express sale.

I am happy to move on the Scarlet's and additional cable for the same price I paid and a UK sale is preferred. This is an amazing Bass-Centric IEM for the money. I recently picked up a set of Empire Ears Legend EVO's and cannot justify owning both.

Anybody interested please PM me and I can take photos tomorrow.

Dec 11, 2023 at 7:45 PM Post #1,503 of 1,960
Bro thats the 6x times price of scarlet, u cannot compare this xD

Not comparing my man but I will say that the Bass on the Scarlet's is just incredible for the money! 😆👍

Dec 11, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #1,504 of 1,960
$$$ does not mean better performance much of the time though. At least not once you are past a certain price point (out of the budget area)

Has anyone done a direct comparison of the 7hz Legato and the Maestro Mini? Just got the Legato and its KILLER, and I have heard the Maestro Mini is basically that but better all around. Chart seems similar too.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 12:51 AM Post #1,505 of 1,960
$$$ does not mean better performance much of the time though. At least not once you are past a certain price point (out of the budget area)

Has anyone done a direct comparison of the 7hz Legato and the Maestro Mini? Just got the Legato and its KILLER, and I have heard the Maestro Mini is basically that but better all around. Chart seems similar too.
Legato is very nice for the $ but MM is a different level. Better in all aspects. I'd put it like this in a car audio comparison...Ive always used JL audio so let's use that...Legato is a nice set of W1s...MM are the W7s.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2023 at 1:30 AM Post #1,506 of 1,960
Legato is very nice for the $ but MM is a different level. Better in all aspects. I'd put it like this in a car audio comparison...Ive always used JL audio so let's use that...Legato is a nice set of W1s...MM are the W7s.
Totally agree, Legato is no bad thing, but MM is in a different league (I have both), MM is much better tuned, alot smoother and super comfortable to wear.
oh and love JL audio! :beerchug:

Dec 13, 2023 at 4:43 PM Post #1,507 of 1,960
It only shows that Musicteck were ahead of other individuals in the queue that had placed their order with Fatfreq. It doesn't in any way contradict your findings nor what @Sebastien Chiu said.

And once Musicteck got their items, any individual buying from them would be getting it sooner than those ones waiting in the Fatfreq queue.

This is correct. Thanks!

We need more understanding people like you in this thread 🙏

Thank you!

Anyone else fall in love with the GM with Blue modual and vocal switch on?

It's highly underrated with the right music. My usual is black with switches off.

I listened to the scarlets for about 2-3 hours... but what a quantity of bass!
I didn't think I'd say that one day, but maybe it's too much for me.
I find that the midrange and treble are too far behind. For the moment I find the Maestro Mini more balanced.
On the other hand on EDM it's really impressive and it is the purpose for these IEM.
They are also more power hungry than MM.
I will continue my listening but it is not unlikely that I will resell them at the same price paid. I will notify here if anyone is interested to avoid a 2-3 month delay…

Thank you!

Yes, but you can still compare the general tuning :)

Evo is more neutral than the Scarlet which I'd describe as romantic/energetic/fun with a nice sizzle up top and incredible bass. The Evo is more BCD focused while the Scarlet is more traditional DD with huge bass shelf.

Not comparing my man but I will say that the Bass on the Scarlet's is just incredible for the money! 😆👍

Thank you!

Totally agree, Legato is no bad thing, but MM is in a different league (I have both), MM is much better tuned, alot smoother and super comfortable to wear.
oh and love JL audio! :beerchug:

Thank you guys!

Dec 14, 2023 at 7:45 AM Post #1,509 of 1,960
I never managed to find this information for the Maestros mini.
I would like to know the sensitivity and impedance because I find the MM or Scarlet are power hungry.

I'm going to revise my judgment on the Scarlet, the mid/treble may not be that much behind, and the bass is still just as explosive!
They really have a lot of fun.
At this price level I'm not sure we can find better. Too bad I no longer have my EE Legend EVO to do an A/B test...

Dec 15, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #1,510 of 1,960
My Scarlet finally shipped! :L3000:

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:30 PM Post #1,511 of 1,960
What cable u have and tips u have? Let them burn in for one month and try other tips and cables.
I'm sorry...I thought for a minute I read to let them burn in for ONE MONTH. Seriously?

Dec 15, 2023 at 2:37 PM Post #1,512 of 1,960
I'm sorry...I thought for a minute I read to let them burn in for ONE MONTH. Seriously?

Personally I've noticed shifts a couple of hours in - 3-4hrs+ and more 8hrs+

Insertion depth was a factor for my ears, preferring normal fit versus deep fit/insertion causing muddy bass

Last edited:
Dec 15, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #1,513 of 1,960
One month depend on how much h per day u listen music xD

i would say 50h+ at least

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #1,514 of 1,960
One month depend on how much h per day u listen music xD

i would say 50h+ at least
Ok. Much better. When I think of burn-in time, I plan on desktop play on repeat for endless hours up to the goal. 50 hours is much different than 600+. I agree they should much better after 50+ hours.

Dec 19, 2023 at 6:38 PM Post #1,515 of 1,960

Users who are viewing this thread

Back