FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Oct 24, 2023 at 4:17 AM Post #1,261 of 1,957
It's worth looking into. The FatFreq customer service rep clearly said that they would cover Daniel's tax fee.

I am surprised to hear that, but it is admirable if true.
I mean that, that was year ago but not order from FF. This is a legal robbery, if this happen with scarlet mini i will tear out hair from my head.

Attachments

• 324457315_890759495299423_7528837278938287678_n.png
    324457315_890759495299423_7528837278938287678_n.png
    71.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #1,262 of 1,957
I mean that, that was year ago but not order from FF. This is a legal robbery, if this happen with scarlet mini i will tear out hair from my head.
I suspect that that is import tax and perhaps value added tax that is being charged by your government and DHL is collecting on their behalf. It is not monies that will go to DHL or the manufacturer. Companies like Aliexpress give the appearance that you don’t have to pay these import taxes because some of the retailers that sell through the Aliexpress platform under declare the invoice value.

Perhaps you can check with your government on whether the importation of such audio products attract any import or special consumption taxes. You will then have to factor that into your next online purchase.

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #1,263 of 1,957
U mean Fatfreq can do something about it to not pay that sick tax ? same with me in Poland for 23% ?
Not sure in your case. But in Daniel's case, FF has mentioned on several occasions the import taxes has been included with the purchase. And if Daniel does receive a tax receipt, they will communicate with DHL to solve the issue. But it is always best to communicate with FF themselves to confirm.

But other vendors may not include taxes with purchase. In which case the consumer will have to pay the taxes on their own. This is not the case here.
I don't understand how anyone can defend or minimize the fact that FatFreq is charging a hefty restocking fee for a preorder cancellation.

Again, it never left their shelves so how is it being "restocked?"
No one has confirmed there is a restocking fee for preorders nor is anyone defending it. FF has already said the fee is not specific to restocking.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 5:37 AM Post #1,265 of 1,957
I suspect that that is import tax and perhaps value added tax that is being charged by your government and DHL is collecting on their behalf. It is not monies that will go to DHL or the manufacturer. Companies like Aliexpress give the appearance that you don’t have to pay these import taxes because some of the retailers that sell through the Aliexpress platform under declare the invoice value.

Perhaps you can check with your government on whether the importation of such audio products attract any import or special consumption taxes. You will then have to factor that into your next online purchase.
The thing about this to, as someone who worked for a company going from independent local sales to selling to major international retailers, it's all well and good to under-declare when you're an indie producer selling your goods in Etsy, but when you have international partners it's going to be unfair if they have to pay taxes but you skirt under the laws of their country.

Though in my experience some Chinese brands would still do it lol, but Singapore is very different from China, and Singapore takes their laws very seriously. Coming from someone who used to live there.

Oct 24, 2023 at 9:39 AM Post #1,266 of 1,957
Yes, in México they charge 16% import duties, but DHL charge the other 34% for "manage & storage fee" thats why i called them and they confirm.. so i cancelled the order..

I don't blame FF for DHL mexican absurd fees.. i blame FF cuz they first said they have covered all duties and thats a lie, and then when i cancelled the order they told 10% for re-stocking, i told them they don't even exist.. then they told me less than 10% for exchange rates and e-commerce fees.. and finally they charged almost 14%..

Really i don't understand why ppl still take FF side..

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #1,267 of 1,957
The thing about this to, as someone who worked for a company going from independent local sales to selling to major international retailers, it's all well and good to under-declare when you're an indie producer selling your goods in Etsy, but when you have international partners it's going to be unfair if they have to pay taxes but you skirt under the laws of their country.

Though in my experience some Chinese brands would still do it lol, but Singapore is very different from China, and Singapore takes their laws very seriously. Coming from someone who used to live there.
I never have asked to under declare a price to any vendor neither in US or any other contry, in México if they discover that someone under declare the price of an item they keep the item as you are doing something illegal..

Also, in México you can buy stuff under 100 dollars without paying import fees.. thats why i keep buying cheap iems on Ali express..

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:37 AM Post #1,268 of 1,957
Yes, in México they charge 16% import duties, but DHL charge the other 34% for "manage & storage fee" thats why i called them and they confirm.. so i cancelled the order..

I don't blame FF for DHL mexican absurd fees.. i blame FF cuz they first said they have covered all duties and thats a lie, and then when i cancelled the order they told 10% for re-stocking, i told them they don't even exist.. then they told me less than 10% for exchange rates and e-commerce fees.. and finally they charged almost 14%..

Really i don't understand why ppl still take FF side..
En españa pasa algo parecido bro, el estado te roba el 21% en impuestos y luego aparte dhl es de las pocas que te carga un suplemento al ser un paquete internacional, son todos unos ladrones yo aprendi hace tiempo a nunca pedir con dhl

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:44 AM Post #1,269 of 1,957
En españa pasa algo parecido bro, el estado te roba el 21% en impuestos y luego aparte dhl es de las pocas que te carga un suplemento al ser un paquete internacional, son todos unos ladrones yo aprendi hace tiempo a nunca pedir con dhl
Si aquí te cobra 16% el gobierno a partir de 100 dólares y luego DHL 34 por "manejo de importación y almacenaje"

Pero lo que en realidad se me hace mal es que no te den la opción de cancelar cuando haces una compra.. y peor que te cobren el 14% por cuestiones internas de su página..

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,270 of 1,957
Actually 13.73%

Imagine buying the 1,959 maestro se + 15 shipping.. 271 dollars for cancelling next day jajajajaja thats insane..

Why don't you contact your credit card company and ask them to charge back the money to you? This is probably the best way forward 👍

Oct 24, 2023 at 10:49 AM Post #1,271 of 1,957

Indeed And +1, coming from someone who used to live there too!

Oct 24, 2023 at 11:11 AM Post #1,273 of 1,957
I did, they can't, they told me FF have to cancel the charge..

That's not so good!

Can a representative from Fatfreq respond to this because this is not looking good?

Oct 24, 2023 at 11:26 AM Post #1,274 of 1,957
i blame FF cuz they first said they have covered all duties and thats a lie,
To be fair, you never gave them a chance to prove that when you cancelled your order. The cancel charge is pretty dumb though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back