FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Oct 23, 2023 at 11:13 PM Post #1,246 of 1,957
Sounds like a massive over reaction or buyers remorse, I am sure FF would have taken care of you they already confirmed the fees were included and offered to deal with DHL directly.

Oct 23, 2023 at 11:22 PM Post #1,247 of 1,957
Sounds like a massive over reaction or buyers remorse, I am sure FF would have taken care of you they already confirmed the fees were included and offered to deal with DHL directly.
Yeah and what he's telling us and what happened were 2 different things. Oct 6th he placed the order and got the refund on Oct 20th.

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:23 AM Post #1,249 of 1,957
Honestly, as someone working for a company that deals with e-commerce, there is a processing fee from backends when it comes to money that's already processed and the DHL situation seems to be unique to Mexico and something that you probably should have researched beforehand.
Yes DHL México charge way too much for storage..

Also beforehand? They told me that all duties were covered.. but people still complain about extra fees.. so i'm not risking myself to pay 961 dollars for those..

And about the 88 dollars charge.. i understand the exchange rates.. but 88 dls is way too much.. every other charge is BS.. re-stocking? They don't even exist at that time.. e-commerce fees?? What is that.. if i cancel an order on Walmart,Best Buy,etc they do a full refund.. i'm the costumer why would i have to pay those fees.. besides.. in the refund policy they only mention 10% re-stocking fee..

Anyways for me fat(hie)freq sucks!

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 12:44 AM Post #1,251 of 1,957
I like Fatfreq but charging 10% fees for cancelling a preorder is a non-sense in 2023…

I hope the import taxes would be not too high in France for Scarlet, for my MM it was resonable.
If not your screenshot could be useful !
Actually 13.73%

Imagine buying the 1,959 maestro se + 15 shipping.. 271 dollars for cancelling next day jajajajaja thats insane..

Oct 24, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #1,252 of 1,957
Walmart and best buy work on scales of business that far out-dwarfs small independent boutique stores, and also have their own e-commerce solutions and individual deals with payment systems. I don't know what their old payment solution is but I think they're currently using Shopify/shop pay? It's the one I'm working with currently and they don't cover 100% of the refund fee. Of course it's up to the individual vendor if they're willing to cover for it, but it would be at a loss for them.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 1:09 AM Post #1,253 of 1,957
Walmart and best buy work on scales of business that far out-dwarfs small independent boutique stores, and also have their own e-commerce solutions and individual deals with payment systems. I don't know what their old payment solution is but I think they're currently using Shopify/shop pay?
So.. it's okay charge 13.73% for cancelling?

I mind, i'm new in this hobby, first i bought the salnotes zero, qkz x hbb and tangzu wan'er.. all 3 for 40 buck shipping included on Aliexpress..

Then i bought the simgot ea500 for 51dlls..

And now i went for the Scarlet.. but i paid almost those 4 iems price.. for just cancelling.. i guess i'll stick with cheap under 300 chinese iems.. i'll have to wait for a Scarlet mini alternative on Aliexpress..

I hope my experience is usefull to other ppl

Oct 24, 2023 at 1:33 AM Post #1,254 of 1,957
If you were worried about import taxes why would you preorder anyway?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2023 at 3:34 AM Post #1,257 of 1,957
I don't understand how anyone can defend or minimize the fact that FatFreq is charging a hefty restocking fee for a preorder cancellation.

Again, it never left their shelves so how is it being "restocked?"

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:03 AM Post #1,258 of 1,957
If DHL tried to charge 50%, tell FF to sort it for you. It is not your problem, it's theirs. If they don't, you have all the evidence on hand already.
U mean Fatfreq can do something about it to not pay that sick tax ? same with me in Poland for 23% ?

Oct 24, 2023 at 4:04 AM Post #1,259 of 1,957
- I'm not here to protect any brand. But buying products online , there is no charge for canceling an order, especially for credit card refunds. (But it must be before the parcel is sent into the system. Except for some online store systems , you can not accept the parcel and receive a full refund.)
- Import customs tax , it is not the brand's responsibility. (Except for some brands such as Apple.)
- DHL or FedEx is not responsible for setting import customs duties. They just have a duty to collect from customers according to product type and price criteria.
- Customs duties are a legal duty that individuals in a country must pay. The rules are according to the product type. and price criteria
- Customs duties are something you need to know approximately what percentage you will have to pay. If it exceeds the criteria, you must dispute it with customs.

Don't believe your friends. You need to search to see the rules of your country. I don't know how many percentages.
But what if you want to order products from abroad? If the criteria is met, you must pay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back