FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Oct 3, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #1,097 of 1,956
Had a listen to the Scarlet mini on Saturday at CANJAM. I feel it is much improved from where it was a year ago. A yr ago, I felt it was too bright. I think it is a slight upgrade from the maestro mini now. Nice v signature. I think it is a better all around than the maestro mini is now.
Since I'm enjoying the Maestro Mini + Symphonium Audio Meteor+ OG Monarch. I Was trying to hold out till more reviews come in but HBB (whom I trust since we listen to the same stuff) and now you? I may have to buy myself an early Christmas present. HBB also said it's very clear to him Scarlet sounds better than Maestro Mini.

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:11 AM Post #1,100 of 1,956
Had a listen to the Scarlet mini on Saturday at CANJAM. I feel it is much improved from where it was a year ago. A yr ago, I felt it was too bright. I think it is a slight upgrade from the maestro mini now. Nice v signature. I think it is a better all around than the maestro mini is now.
Agreed. I just had a listen at FF HQ 7 hours ago and I too feel it is much improved! What you and I heard is apparently the finalised tuning and it is good! Club level good!

Oct 4, 2023 at 7:23 AM Post #1,101 of 1,956
Oct 4, 2023 at 7:39 AM Post #1,102 of 1,956
IMG_3531.jpgIMG_3535.jpg
IMG_3532.jpg
Fresh from landing in Singapore from CanJam Socal, met up with @AegisYeo from FatFreq to collect my MSE customs then to have lunch followed by dessert with him. Initial impressions are that customs sound slightly different from universals and I am liking it. Will be writing more about the comparisons in sound between MSE universals and customs, the process of making customs and which I prefer!

The dessert though is to die for. What you are looking at is coconut pandan waffle with cookies and cream, and madagascar vanilla and biscoff ice-cream available at Only Creamery @ Temple Street, Singapore.
Cross posting from 'cooler thread.

Oct 4, 2023 at 8:21 AM Post #1,103 of 1,956
Had the chance to pop into the Audio stage in HK to try out the grande maestro again. Nothing much as had some time and also since I am waiting for the custom grande maestro. Anyway, found out a few things as spoke to the staff. It seems the packaging has now totally changed. I was able to see someone else's custom. The grande maestro now comes in a big blue box with a sleeve like pull put. Once you pull it out, you are given like the Sony z1r type feel unboxing where you push a button to lift the lid of a wooden box. The wooden box was brown in rectangular and looked more golden making it a premium feel. Yes I know the box will not be used every again, but makes a great experience. So much better experience than the Sony z1r iem. Inside on the left, you have a puck like rounded iem case just like the Empire ear ones. On the right would be the cables and the modules.

Besides the grande unboxing experience which now fits the price and unboxing experience as to be called Grand experience.

Now besides those changes mentioned. The iem has also been modified. The cable connection is still 2 pin but now recessed. So the cable rectangular part now inserts right into the iem. Furthermore, the switch that protrudes out does not any more and is also tucked into the iem. One last change is also the modules as now they are made slightly different using better quality material.

So many big changes. Will do an unboxing and a review when I get my one. It's been a long time since I did a review on my chanel.

There is also news that the 3rd module will be coming before the end of this year.

Sadly no photos as the box I saw was not mine and so did not take a photo.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #1,104 of 1,956
Anyone know what the driver config is for the Scarlet Mini?

Not sure why FF doesn't make it known what their driver configs are in their IEMs.

Oct 4, 2023 at 12:43 PM Post #1,108 of 1,956
Since we now have some nice FR curves of Scarlet out there, I decided to morph my MSE into something closer to its bass response curve:

(in case any other MSE owners want to try!)
Low Shelf: Frequency = 80 Hz, Gain = 3.5 dB, Q=0.9
Pass Band: Frequency = 200 Hz, Gain = 3, Q=0.5

graph (3).png

It seems like a nice aggressive balance for bass impact. The slight higher frequency shift up doesn't bleed into mids too much, but "the cannons" sure do fire a lot more often :) I am even more hyped for Scarlet to hear the real thing!

Oct 4, 2023 at 5:10 PM Post #1,109 of 1,956
Anyone know what the driver config is for the Scarlet Mini?

Not sure why FF doesn't make it known what their driver configs are in their IEMs.
Should be exactly the same as Maestro mini but with a bigger bass shelf as requested by many current users of Maestro Mini due to it's intended use (EDM, R&B, Hip Hop etc).

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2023 at 5:36 PM Post #1,110 of 1,956
Guys pre order game for scarlet is too strong, im resisting but for how long? :)

Attachments

• 81gul8.jpg
    81gul8.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back