FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jul 10, 2023 at 7:49 AM Post #872 of 2,059
Customer service updated my previous message and informed me that it is in fact now available for pre-order and they have updated the website to reflect that.
First pre-orders looking to be ready by end of August.
Excellent, thanks for this update.

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:25 AM Post #874 of 2,059
So I know nobody has these in hand yet, but what are the expected changes? I like my maestro mini, but even with that large bass boost, they can come off sounding a bit thin at times due to just how subbass focused that boost is. I would love that boost along with some extra warmth as well.

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #875 of 2,059
So I know nobody has these in hand yet, but what are the expected changes? I like my maestro mini, but even with that large bass boost, they can come off sounding a bit thin at times due to just how subbass focused that boost is. I would love that boost along with some extra warmth as well.
We only have some prototype FR plots to go by and their technical marketing, but it looks like the Scarlett will be a more V shaped tuning than Maestro. An extra 10 dB (over 300%) of sub bass and a new 'hypertweeter' BA for treble that extends up to match their ESTs in the big boy tribrids (at least to spec).

I think there is a reason they are differentiating Scarlett from Maestro and seem to also be keeping both around... I don't think it's necessarily meant as a replacement.

On an unrelated note, I hope that FATfreq release a Scarlett Red NOAH module for the GM... Ben hinted at it's capacity to go 30 dB with a full closed module, I'd love to try that Bass with GM's technicals up high.

Jul 10, 2023 at 10:36 AM Post #876 of 2,059
The scarlet bass extends further into the mid-bass than the maestro mini, in addition to boosting the sub-bass even higher.
It also has a bit longer decay on the bass, giving it more body (and naturally sacrificing some impact in the process), which will go directly towards creating more warmth and preventing it from sounding thin.

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 10:47 AM Post #877 of 2,059
The scarlet bass extends further into the mid-bass then the maestro mini, in addition to boosting the sub-bass even higher.
It also has a bit longer decay on the bass, giving it more body (and naturally sacrificing some impact in the process), which will go directly towards creating more warmth and preventing it from sounding thin.
Well on that description it sounds like it would be moving more in the direction I would personally like. And it's got a 30db bass boost as opposed to the 20 from the maestro?

The maestro mini was really nice, again I just found it a bit thin sounding for every day usage, even with that huge bass boost.

But I am definitely interested in the scarlet too as fatfreq can clearly bring the bass in ways I haven't heard from others, and that is super appealing.

Jul 10, 2023 at 4:28 PM Post #878 of 2,059
Good day
What wavelet AutoEq profile would you recommend to boost even more the sub and mid bass as well as vocals on the Maestro Mini. I am using the Moondrop Aria 2021 which has for me good result but the subbass is a bit too much....

Jul 10, 2023 at 5:30 PM Post #879 of 2,059
The scarlet bass extends further into the mid-bass than the maestro mini, in addition to boosting the sub-bass even higher.
Sounds like heaven on earth for me.
Can't wait to blast some EDM on scarlet :gs1000smile:

Only stage subwoofer bass level matters in life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 6:02 PM Post #880 of 2,059

We seat on the same chair🔊🔊🔊

Jul 10, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #881 of 2,059
Usually scheduled update...
My Custom Grand Maestro is supposedly finished, but I am still waiting on shipping.

Jul 10, 2023 at 7:29 PM Post #882 of 2,059

90% of my library is EDM. You guys have any must buy iem for edm music? (except FatFreq offcourse)
Im currently using Variations for listening. OH10 and Performers5 werent for me.

Jul 10, 2023 at 8:35 PM Post #883 of 2,059

I'm personally looking forward to combining the Scarlets with the upcoming Subpac X1 on my chair :L3000:

Aiming for that sensation of sticking my head inside the subwoofer stack at the front of the stage :D

I'm worried it might end up creating some kind of low frequency resonant super black hole and destroying humanity in the process but.. worth it! 💀

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2023 at 9:41 PM Post #884 of 2,059
Good day
What wavelet AutoEq profile would you recommend to boost even more the sub and mid bass as well as vocals on the Maestro Mini. I am using the Moondrop Aria 2021 which has for me good result but the subbass is a bit too much....

Use EQ instead of AutoEQ within wavelet. Create exactly how much sub/midbass you want, without incorrectly applying other adjustments to the higher frequencies made for correcting other headphones in the process.

Jul 11, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #885 of 2,059
90% of my library is EDM. You guys have any must buy iem for edm music? (except FatFreq offcourse)
Im currently using Variations for listening. OH10 and Performers5 werent for me.
ISN EST50

Users who are viewing this thread

Back