FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Jun 17, 2023 at 4:24 PM Post #841 of 2,043
They definitely tick the bass box... as for separation and soundstage, they are good but not world beating. Compared to the U12t for example, another iem I own therefore able to compare to, they are lacking. But the u12t is 4 x the price... and doesn't have that super bass.
MSE will give you the bass with most of the technical goodies you get from the U12t. It will still be different because of its bass-first tuning, but technically it should eclipse what Mini can do, and it should because you're paying a lot extra for that.

Jun 18, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #842 of 2,043
Received the Maestro Mini this week, loving them. They work with a surprisingly wide range of music for me, very accomplished for what is a rather unique tuning.
Any reasonably priced (under £100 / $125) cable recommendations?
There should be an upgrade cable for the Maestro Mini from Fatfreq themselves. You can order it through their website chat and it'll cost you around $112 USD (converted from SGD). It comes with all the terminations of 3.5, 2.5 and 4.4
Thank you, I'll check it out

Keep us posted! Look forward to seeing what cable you decide on!

i was thinking of buying maestro mini to listen to psytrance and deeptrance. I currently have Fiio Fh3 and i want to upgrade. What i want is bass, separation of instruments and a wide sound stage. I have read that they have really good bass, but how are the rest of it?
my budget is 500 USD

The Maestro Mini would be great for the music genres you mentioned.

I have used the Grand Maestro both with black module and blue module and i can say this iem definitely sound crazy good. All 4 of the tuning sound very very good. You get 4 tuning if they make these tuning to 4 iem i think it will cost more. Crazy. I love the black module compared to the blue i think because the blue sound smoother with less bass and less peaky treble or upper mid. The black module sound more energetic and fun. The bass is crazy it sound like a subwoofer.

Thanks so much! We appreciate the love of the GM that all you guys have given so far.

They definitely tick the bass box... as for separation and soundstage, they are good but not world beating. Compared to the U12t for example, another iem I own therefore able to compare to, they are lacking. But the u12t is 4 x the price... and doesn't have that super bass.
MSE will give you the bass with most of the technical goodies you get from the U12t. It will still be different because of its bass-first tuning, but technically it should eclipse what Mini can do, and it should because you're paying a lot extra for that.

Agree with these impressions here - spot on summations!

Jun 21, 2023 at 12:06 PM Post #843 of 2,043
I know this is impractical as a portable setup, but I may not be able to unplug the Grand Maestro's from this for a good while. Balanced, dynamic, with just the right sound stage to my ears. Mids are brought a little more forward and vocals are lush and natural. Bass is crazy good. Kick drums and toms hit with authority. Tautness of fingers on bass strings. Treble full of detail but so refined, just soars and disappears. This combo has caused me to consider going ciem for the first time in a long time......
FatFreq Grand Maestro.jpg

Jun 21, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #844 of 2,043
I know this is impractical as a portable setup, but I may not be able to unplug the Grand Maestro's from this for a good while. Balanced, dynamic, with just the right sound stage to my ears. Mids are brought a little more forward and vocals are lush and natural. Bass is crazy good. Kick drums and toms hit with authority. Tautness of fingers on bass strings. Treble full of detail but so refined, just soars and disappears. This combo has caused me to consider going ciem for the first time in a long time......

Yesssss do it! CIEM GM for me sits at the top of the game at the moment.

Jun 21, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #845 of 2,043
Word on the street is that my CIEM GM ships this week... we'll see, I have been delayed more than a few times.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:50 PM Post #846 of 2,043
Yesssss do it! CIEM GM for me sits at the top of the game at the moment.

Thanks so much guys! Ramping up to get my GM CIEM sometime in August. All this love for it from y'all has got me very excited!

Word on the street is that my CIEM GM ships this week... we'll see, I have been delayed more than a few times.

Thanks for your patience. We did not expect to get so many orders in from the audiophile world over the past few months. I do know the team is swamped now and doing their best to catch up.

Jun 21, 2023 at 3:59 PM Post #847 of 2,043
Hopefully you receive yours soon! I'm in the same boat. Ordered May 1st and still waiting. Have been told a couple times it would be done at one point and those times have passed. I know this team is slammed with orders, so I'm patiently waiting. I was going to hit them up again at the end of the month to see if I could get a status update.

Jun 23, 2023 at 3:49 PM Post #849 of 2,043
Hey guys, my FatFreq Maestro SE review has just gone live here.

It's one of my most ambitious reviews to date, but I hope you enjoy the deep-dive. Enjoy!​

Thanks so much! The team will appreciate this.

Jul 4, 2023 at 5:28 PM Post #851 of 2,043
Jul 4, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #852 of 2,043
In other news - placing my GM order end of August, eggciting times!

I have a chat this week with the team and will hopefully be able to provide some more updates around what's been happening with the team and what's been coming down the lite.

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #853 of 2,043
And so we begin! 😉

IMG-1574.jpg

Jul 6, 2023 at 4:46 PM Post #854 of 2,043

Users who are viewing this thread

Back