FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
May 20, 2023 at 8:12 PM Post #767 of 1,960
Did I “hear” correct, HBB rated MM as #1?!
Yes, for just bass. He ranks MSE as his #1 tuned and #2 for bass from this list though.

May 22, 2023 at 5:53 AM Post #769 of 1,960
I got the cable for the Grand Maestro‼️

Attachments

• -d28cyo.jpg
    -d28cyo.jpg
    200.6 KB · Views: 0
  • -m76pp7.jpg
    -m76pp7.jpg
    279.3 KB · Views: 0
May 22, 2023 at 11:50 PM Post #770 of 1,960
Look what just arrived!

IMG_9980.jpeg
IMG_9981.jpeg

It looks like we now have the OE Audio 2.5/3.5/4.4mm interchangeable plugs included. The only thing I notice missing is the optional plastic adhesive washer for the 4.4mm plug. For certain 4.4mm sockets, the current plug might have some issues if you don’t have that washer/spacer installed.

This is what I bought from OE Audio a while ago:
IMG_9982.jpeg

May 22, 2023 at 11:52 PM Post #771 of 1,960
Those are some good looking IEMs!
Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Could I convince you to take a picture of the 2-pin connector on the IEM itself, without a cable plugged in?

May 23, 2023 at 12:01 AM Post #772 of 1,960
Those are some good looking IEMs!
Can't wait to hear your impressions.
Could I convince you to take a picture of the 2-pin connector on the IEM itself, without a cable plugged in?
Here you go:
IMG_9983.jpeg
IMG_9985.jpeg
IMG_9984.jpeg

I would say the socket is very slightly recessed, might as well consider it non-recessed.

May 23, 2023 at 12:03 AM Post #773 of 1,960
Here you go:

I would say the socket is very slightly recessed, might as well consider it non-recessed.
Much appreciated!
Looks like my adapter should hopefully work, once mine arrives...

After you have had some time to enjoy and listen critically, I would love to hear how you would compare it to some of your other gear.
Looks like you have a lot of excellent IEMs to compete for your listening time.
Further, I would also be curious about how it compares to a full-size, like your Empyrean.

Last edited:
May 24, 2023 at 4:53 PM Post #774 of 1,960
I got the cable for the Grand Maestro‼️

Beautiful cable! Thanks for sharing. How is the sound?

Look what just arrived!

It looks like we now have the OE Audio 2.5/3.5/4.4mm interchangeable plugs included. The only thing I notice missing is the optional plastic adhesive washer for the 4.4mm plug. For certain 4.4mm sockets, the current plug might have some issues if you don’t have that washer/spacer installed.

This is what I bought from OE Audio a while ago:

That's very cool.

Much appreciated!
Looks like my adapter should hopefully work, once mine arrives...

After you have had some time to enjoy and listen critically, I would love to hear how you would compare it to some of your other gear.
Looks like you have a lot of excellent IEMs to compete for your listening time.
Further, I would also be curious about how it compares to a full-size, like your Empyrean.

Same here, thanks!

Thanks Sebastien! Everyone involved at FatFreq has been a pleasure to work with from my perspective. Hopefully these modules become more readily available. Can't wait to hear more about the other modules planned to be released in the future.

Thanks mate, appreciate
What is the purpose of having so many separate threads just for individual IEM models? I feel it splits up the discussion and those threads are less active. Just my 2c. It’s not like you see 64 audio or EE doing separate threads per IEM ?

We decided to go with this for the future - thanks for your feedback everyone!

May 27, 2023 at 2:04 PM Post #775 of 1,960
Question for the Maestro Mini owners, does anyone have any kind of static sounds coming out of their IEM? I noticed this slightly at first when I got the pair, but have been swapping between so many IEMs that I've purchased recently that now that I'm spending the day today listening I'm hearing a static coming out of the left IEM specifically. It's become rather distracting. Is this an indicator of a possible defective IEM? I didn't really notice static at all in the Blessing 3 while listening. I have tried cable swapping on the MM using the stock cable and a couple other third party cables including the Liquid Links Venom which didn't change anything about the static I was hearing. It's not on every song, but quite a lot.

Last edited:
May 30, 2023 at 7:09 AM Post #776 of 1,960
I recommend checking out the forum for more info and user impressions. Hiby R6 Pro II.

I'm really enjoying this DAP and think it'll be a great pairing with the GM, but I'll provide more of my thoughts once I receive it.

By the way, this is an extremely dark source. I can't hear any audible hiss, even at high gain, with the few IEMs I've used up to this point. I'm really impressed by how clean this source is. It's on par with my Topping stack, but slightly warmer.
Yep, purchased this last Friday after testing. Quite some stuff going on. Did try Roon on it, works well.
I tried the Cayin N7. Sound wise, its nicer, but interface wise, R6 pro is far ahead.
N7 is huge too and not really portable, therefore ended up buying the R6 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back