FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
May 18, 2023 at 3:44 AM Post #736 of 2,017
I was looking around for good travel friendly DAP.
FIIO M15s, A&K SR35, etc.

Like to hear from fellow GM users which they think is a good match for GM

Now I am using Chord Mojo/Poly pair, which sounds absolutely amazing.

Greatly appreciate feedback!

May 18, 2023 at 10:50 AM Post #737 of 2,017

I ended up purchasing the Hiby R6 Pro II to pair with the GM and other IEMs. I'll provide my impressions when I get my GM delivered. As it stands, this appears to be one hell of a bang for the buck DAP competing with others well above the price point.

May 18, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #738 of 2,017

I use an iBasso DX320 on my GM and MSE.

It has enough power for sure even in low gain, but the DAP itself is pretty garbage imo. Doesn't charge correctly in Android (you have to boot into Mango), has a lot of audible hiss even on relatively insensitive IEMs and Qobuz is about as unstable as on any Android device I've used. It also has grounding issues with the volume knob when you use the included leather case during a charging sequence. I'd try to sell it, but with the dead pixels already (less than 6 months!) I doubt it'd fetch much :frowning2: It's alright, I don't imagine it will last too long either way lol but I'll definitely steer clear of iBasso myself going forward.

May 18, 2023 at 12:13 PM Post #739 of 2,017
HBB came out with his top 5 basshead IEMs

His top 2 are FatFreqs :smile:

May 19, 2023 at 4:33 AM Post #740 of 2,017
I ended up purchasing the Hiby R6 Pro II to pair with the GM and other IEMs. I'll provide my impressions when I get my GM delivered. As it stands, this appears to be one hell of a bang for the buck DAP competing with others well above the price point.
greatly appreciate. to be honest i had not seen or heard Hiby at all..

May 19, 2023 at 4:35 AM Post #741 of 2,017
I use an iBasso DX320 on my GM and MSE.

It has enough power for sure even in low gain, but the DAP itself is pretty garbage imo. Doesn't charge correctly in Android (you have to boot into Mango), has a lot of audible hiss even on relatively insensitive IEMs and Qobuz is about as unstable as on any Android device I've used. It also has grounding issues with the volume knob when you use the included leather case during a charging sequence. I'd try to sell it, but with the dead pixels already (less than 6 months!) I doubt it'd fetch much :frowning2: It's alright, I don't imagine it will last too long either way lol but I'll definitely steer clear of iBasso myself going forward.
wow, that sounds bad… it is also on the pricier side?
for me, hiss and high noise floor is a no no. that is why i went for chord which is really dark background on IEMs, even using hugo2.
thanks for your honest feedback!

May 19, 2023 at 4:38 AM Post #742 of 2,017
had just received NightJar Midnight cable for GM.

it has an unreal unboxing experience and well made cable. kudos that this is a local SG company doing this.

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

yep, as you see the solid wood box that has cushion for the cables…

as for listening, even not ran in, i already like the bass. and tightly controlled mid bass and mids.

May 20, 2023 at 12:16 AM Post #745 of 2,017
Can it install Apple Music?

May 20, 2023 at 12:55 AM Post #746 of 2,017
Can it install Apple Music?
Yeah, it can. I don't use it myself, but it's an option to download in the Google Play store.

May 20, 2023 at 12:59 AM Post #747 of 2,017
had just received NightJar Midnight cable for GM.

it has an unreal unboxing experience and well made cable. kudos that this is a local SG company doing this.

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0895.jpeg

yep, as you see the solid wood box that has cushion for the cables…

as for listening, even not ran in, i already like the bass. and tightly controlled mid bass and mids.
Love the look of these cables and the fact that it has different terminations. You've put something on my list to consider for sure. I ended up purchasing the Liquid Links Venom cable to pair with the GM which I should be receiving tomorrow. Still patiently awaiting the GM to come to pair with. Until then I'll definitely be cable swapping the IEMs I do have to check it out.

May 20, 2023 at 1:10 AM Post #748 of 2,017
greatly appreciate. to be honest i had not seen or heard Hiby at all..
I recommend checking out the forum for more info and user impressions. Hiby R6 Pro II.

I'm really enjoying this DAP and think it'll be a great pairing with the GM, but I'll provide more of my thoughts once I receive it.

By the way, this is an extremely dark source. I can't hear any audible hiss, even at high gain, with the few IEMs I've used up to this point. I'm really impressed by how clean this source is. It's on par with my Topping stack, but slightly warmer.

May 20, 2023 at 3:33 AM Post #750 of 2,017
Love the look of these cables and the fact that it has different terminations. You've put something on my list to consider for sure. I ended up purchasing the Liquid Links Venom cable to pair with the GM which I should be receiving tomorrow. Still patiently awaiting the GM to come to pair with. Until then I'll definitely be cable swapping the IEMs I do have to check it out.
you can try the cable on your GM at Zeppelin. just bring your DAP along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back