FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
May 11, 2023 at 7:54 PM Post #706 of 2,017
I have tried socrates. It was pure copper there is a bit of detail missing but overall your iem become a bit warmer in sound. Soundstage doesnt get affected if my memory serve me correctly.
Thanks!
Now looking at Fatfreq upgrade cable.
Likely to drop by today to get the blue module and the upgrade cable

EDIT: I just realized stock GM is Silver plated Copper. I will try out the full copper instead (Plussound) later. Definitely will drop by Fatfreq to get the blue control module.

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 10:39 PM Post #707 of 2,017
QBhuZqa.png

0xxs6oN.png

This has been one of the more frustrating weeks knowing my Maestro is <1 hour away and DHL repeatedly failing to deliver it. On Tuesday they claimed the truck had mechanical issues and couldn't deliver, yesterday they claimed it would be out as soon as possible and then some random number texted me saying "your delivery will be delivered tomorrow afternoon, thank you for you patience" and a second text saying "*your" lol...., today they literally updated it while I was talking to someone at 9pm then he gave me the heavy workload copy paste. I'm not in a densely populated area but I'm also not in the middle of nowhere, yikes. Wish I could have just risked it without a signature requirement because I can't be home all day waiting on them and now who knows when they'll get to it.

Anyway, still waiting on it but hopefully I'll have better news and some impressions eventually...

May 11, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #708 of 2,017
I ended up purchasing an HiBy R6 Pro II (Gen 2) from MusicTeck to pair with the Grand Maestro. It should be a good pairing I'm thinking. I'll add this to my list of sources to test out. This will be the first time I've listened to AKM.

May 12, 2023 at 12:11 AM Post #709 of 2,017
I ended up purchasing an HiBy R6 Pro II (Gen 2) from MusicTeck to pair with the Grand Maestro. It should be a good pairing I'm thinking. I'll add this to my list of sources to test out. This will be the first time I've listened to AKM.
I am planning to get new hiby pro too. Please share your thought later :).

May 12, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #710 of 2,017
Tried Plussound X8 copper. Doesn't fly for me.
Tried NightJar Acoustics - Midnight.. This one rocks on GM. Tightens and cleans up the bass while the top and mid ends not touched. Mid seems more separated and forward.

May 14, 2023 at 4:38 PM Post #712 of 2,017
Hi all! Just wanted to share my experience recent experience talking with Fatfreq and doing a studio tour. In this video I talk with Fatfreq as they talk about their origins, the company, current and future projects and there's some footages of the office and their products so do check it out and hope you'll enjoy the video! For anyone interested in how the faceplate designs look like in real life, I've also released a dedicated video featuring all of the current available faceplate designs from Fatfreq so you can make an informed decision on what you'd like to have on your future custom IEMs

The Fatfreq Experience | Studio Tour, Interview, Sneak Peeks -

Fatfreq - The Faceplate Collection -

Your support and feedback on the videos will be greatly appreciated. I'll be releasing another video coming up soon where I'll be sharing my impressions on some of Fatfreq's IEM, and yes, this includes the Grand Maestro :)

May 14, 2023 at 5:02 PM Post #713 of 2,017
Hi all! Just wanted to share my experience recent experience talking with Fatfreq and doing a studio tour. In this video I talk with Fatfreq as they talk about their origins, the company, current and future projects and there's some footages of the office and their products so do check it out and hope you'll enjoy the video! For anyone interested in how the faceplate designs look like in real life, I've also released a dedicated video featuring all of the current available faceplate designs from Fatfreq so you can make an informed decision on what you'd like to have on your future custom IEMs

The Fatfreq Experience | Studio Tour, Interview, Sneak Peeks -

Fatfreq - The Faceplate Collection -

Your support and feedback on the videos will be greatly appreciated. I'll be releasing another video coming up soon where I'll be sharing my impressions on some of Fatfreq's IEM, and yes, this includes the Grand Maestro :)

Appreciate the content you provide. This video popped up on my YouTube feed and had to immediately watch it.

I'm now very curious about the upcoming modules they plan to release for the Grand Maestro. Will be watching and waiting so I can purchase when available.

May 15, 2023 at 7:25 AM Post #715 of 2,017
Appreciate the content you provide. This video popped up on my YouTube feed and had to immediately watch it.

I'm now very curious about the upcoming modules they plan to release for the Grand Maestro. Will be watching and waiting so I can purchase when available.
Thanks for watching and glad to hear you're enjoying the content:)

May 15, 2023 at 12:51 PM Post #716 of 2,017
went over Fatfreq last Sat evening to try to purchase blue module. unfortunately came back empty handed. not sure when will the stock be available.

May 15, 2023 at 12:58 PM Post #717 of 2,017
@reallynotareview

Does scarlet mini also have more sub bass than maestro mini? or only more mid bass?

@Sebastien Chiu That 4/5 db boost on sub bass is still actual ? that i saw on some graph some time ago here?

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 11:11 PM Post #718 of 2,017
For anyone who got the control module or buy it. Is it worth it? How does it sound?

May 16, 2023 at 11:35 PM Post #719 of 2,017
The Grand Maestro loves the amp section of this 320 Max, these IEMs scale very high. 🥰

Good things heard about the Max ! Can't wait to try it myself eventually.

went over Fatfreq last Sat evening to try to purchase blue module. unfortunately came back empty handed. not sure when will the stock be available.

What did you think about the sound?

@reallynotareview

Does scarlet mini also have more sub bass than maestro mini? or only more mid bass?

@Sebastien Chiu That 4/5 db boost on sub bass is still actual ? that i saw on some graph some time ago here?

The Scarlet Mini has undergone a few more iterations since that last public graph. I can't exactly speak on the changes other than the fact that it will be worth the wait.

What I can say instead of the traditional tweeter seen in the MM, the Scarlet Mini will now have the Knowles supertweeter seen in the Sharona, and a few other models recently since the JH exclusivity wrapped up.

Last edited:
May 16, 2023 at 11:38 PM Post #720 of 2,017
Our PSA surrounding the Grand Maestro modules:

The Grand Maestro ships with the default black ‘power’ modules. The blue ‘control’ modules could be purchased as an add-on for 130SGD to give more bass control. Right now, Blue modules are not yet officially launched. Those who have it either bought them via email enquiry or are our early adopters which we send them separately as a gift. Hope that clarifies!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back