FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
Apr 3, 2023 at 9:44 AM Post #541 of 1,961
Is there word yet if the MM V2 / Scarlet Mini will supersede the MM or will both be available at the same time?

I’m all for jumping on the MM train now but anxious to “hear” impressions of V2 / Scarlet. Equally, I wouldn’t want to miss out on the MM if the V2 / Scarlet doesn’t live up to the same hype…argh!
I’m not sure if they’re both going to be available simultaneously, but the Mini is a fairly new IEM, this leads me to believe FF wouldn’t “replace” them so quickly. I have word that the scarlet Mini has more sub bass and more mid bass over the minis - I don’t see my self ever needing more sub bass than the Minis, but I could see an increase of Mid bass being nice. Unsure of the rest of the FR. Keep an eye out for HBB on YouTube, he has a pair in hand. But also keep in mind, I don’t think the tuning is 100% completed.

Apr 3, 2023 at 9:51 AM Post #542 of 1,961
Is there word yet if the MM V2 / Scarlet Mini will supersede the MM or will both be available at the same time?

I’m all for jumping on the MM train now but anxious to “hear” impressions of V2 / Scarlet. Equally, I wouldn’t want to miss out on the MM if the V2 / Scarlet doesn’t live up to the same hype…argh!

Fatfreq announced at Canjam SG that the Scarlet Mini will coexist with the Maestros. I mean, IT'S RED, it can't be a Maestro :p

Seriously though, it's a good call, the Mini is still super fresh and it seems like the tuning differences in the Scarlet mini are different/complementary as opposed to a refinement of the mini's tuning.

I agree, can't wait to find out more, particularly release date!

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:49 AM Post #543 of 1,961
I am so sad to be sending the Canadian Tour of FatFreq off to @Natesdailies today.

These IEMs bunch well above their price. These IEMs are amazing value and offer a unique and exceptional experience and sound.

Bravo to FatFreq. 👏👏👏

Apr 3, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #544 of 1,961
Update: fingers have been itched.

1680538747102.png

Apr 3, 2023 at 2:23 PM Post #545 of 1,961
Apr 3, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #547 of 1,961
Storm faceplates with silver logos.

IMG_4109.jpeg
Ooh, I can't wait to see pictures when you get them.

I'm still trying to decide what to pick for mine...

Apr 3, 2023 at 7:35 PM Post #549 of 1,961

I’m not sure if they’re both going to be available simultaneously, but the Mini is a fairly new IEM, this leads me to believe FF wouldn’t “replace” them so quickly. I have word that the scarlet Mini has more sub bass and more mid bass over the minis - I don’t see my self ever needing more sub bass than the Minis, but I could see an increase of Mid bass being nice. Unsure of the rest of the FR. Keep an eye out for HBB on YouTube, he has a pair in hand. But also keep in mind, I don’t think the tuning is 100% completed.=
Re: the new sets. I got this from FF couple errors in case anyone missed it

Hi folks,

Adding onto what @Bret Halford has accurately said here, I just wanted to confirm the following from the FatFreq team:
  • Both will be available simultaneously, coexisting as complimentary models as opposed to a refinement.
  • The tuning heard at CanJam SG is not final, nor are the versions that HBB has in hand. We are taking feedback from everyone to do this right! There are about two more revisions we have planned before things reach a finalized stage.
  • We don't have a set price yet, although it's safe to assume the Scarlet Mini will be around a similar price to the Maestro Mini.
  • We don't have a date set yet. We're hoping for end of April to early May, and will keep everyone in the loop on that as soon as there are updates.
Thank you all for your shared interest and excitement in this! We can't wait to share more soon!

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #551 of 1,961
Fatfreq announced at Canjam SG that the Scarlet Mini will coexist with the Maestros. I mean, IT'S RED, it can't be a Maestro :p

Seriously though, it's a good call, the Mini is still super fresh and it seems like the tuning differences in the Scarlet mini are different/complementary as opposed to a refinement of the mini's tuning.

Hi folks,

Adding onto what @Bret Halford has accurately said here, I just wanted to confirm the following from the FatFreq team:
  • Both will be available simultaneously, coexisting as complimentary models as opposed to a refinement.
  • The tuning heard at CanJam SG is not final, nor are the versions that HBB and @reallynotareview have in hand. We are taking feedback from everyone to do this right! There are about two more revisions we have planned before things reach a finalized stage.
  • We don't have a set price yet, although it's safe to assume the Scarlet Mini will be around a similar price to the Maestro Mini.
  • We don't have a date set yet. We're hoping for end of April to early May, and will keep everyone in the loop on that as soon as there are updates.
Now I’m really curious how they’re going to co-exist but be positioned to different listening/use cases…

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:32 PM Post #552 of 1,961
First, you guys make me buy something blindly and now you're making me more anxious and impatient, as I am yet to receive the IEMs.

So, thanks a lot I guess... Lol.. :D
Which cable is that, colour paring is damn too sweet looking.

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:34 PM Post #553 of 1,961
I have definetely find a good replacement for my IKKO OH-10. The sub bass is extremely pleasant on the Maestro Mini with EDM Music. I even boost 2,5 db the sub bast and the mids using wavelet on my S23. Now, I do realize the tip selection is very important. I am not using the tips provided by FatFreq as I do find that they do not add this subwoofer effect. I use the AZLA XELASTEC tips that has got an excellent seal and enhance the sub bass. Can somebody advise of other tips with the same effect ?
BTW, I am using a bluetooth 5.3 cable.
which company bluetooth cable you are using?.

Apr 3, 2023 at 11:59 PM Post #555 of 1,961
Bummer for me... my impressions weren't done properly, so I am having them redone next week.
CIEMs truly are a pain in the arse. Hopefully, it'll be plenty worthwhile.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back