FATfreq Impressions Thread - Bass Cannons and More
May 27, 2024 at 4:51 AM Post #2,027 of 2,059
Personal impressions on fatfreq maestro mini:

-Huge wow factor, with the deep full punchy bass

-Better than expected headstage

-Technically they are actually quite balanced, they clearly try to be an all rounder

- After listening for longer it is quite noticeable how they have a quite cold sound signature because of the recessed mids.

May 27, 2024 at 6:34 AM Post #2,029 of 2,059
@Sebastien Chiu, are you/FF in a position to disclose current eta for orders? The website indicates “up to 3 weeks”
Expect 2-3 months, which seems to be the standard experience for most here.

May 28, 2024 at 2:41 PM Post #2,031 of 2,059
I would love to get CIEMs the day I find a set worthy of it. The only thing that drives me away is going through the hassle of finding an audiologist who can get good impressions. It was a nightmare for me last time that required multiple appointments and switching audiologists.
You could do your own impressions with a kit like this: https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/pro-audio-iem/products/spek-system
If you run out of silicone or the foam stoppers you can get more on Amazon.
Expect 2-3 months, which seems to be the standard experience for most here.
I paid a deposit on a custom Grand Maestro during Canjam NYC but only paid the rest of the cost 4 weeks ago. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow. Maybe they're getting faster? Or they started production before I paid.

May 28, 2024 at 2:43 PM Post #2,032 of 2,059
Got a chance to listen to the Maestro SE. Review/write up Here

1000032852.jpg

They sound amazing but definitely not comfortable for me.

May 28, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #2,033 of 2,059
You could do your own impressions with a kit like this: https://www.adv-sound.com/collections/pro-audio-iem/products/spek-system
If you run out of silicone or the foam stoppers you can get more on Amazon.

Oh man just the thought of doing that myself makes me nervous if I did something wrong. I'd maybe do that if I had some help from someone.
I have thought about going to an audiologist office that does the Otoscans. Seems like an easier process than having someone put silicone in your ears.

May 28, 2024 at 9:10 PM Post #2,034 of 2,059
I paid a deposit on a custom Grand Maestro during Canjam NYC but only paid the rest of the cost 4 weeks ago. Tracking says it should be here tomorrow. Maybe they're getting faster? Or they started production before I paid.
Congrats! That's good news. I think they've cleared most of their backlog. 4 weeks is nothing. Let us know when you've received the GM and how you like it!

May 29, 2024 at 7:31 PM Post #2,035 of 2,059
Not to spam but posted my Maestro Mini review - think I'm aboard the Maestro Mini vs Scarlet Mini.

PXL_20240529_220654528.jpg

May 29, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #2,036 of 2,059
I've had my Scarlett Mini for about 3 months now and there's nothing else that comes close to its specialty. The other brands are gonna have a hard time making an IEM that does the bass better while still being listenable at high volumes, with big stage and clean vocals and treble.

This is the closest thing to 2 15 inch subs in the trunk or something. It's special.

I love this set! The king of bass for sure.

May 30, 2024 at 12:53 AM Post #2,038 of 2,059
Got a chance to listen to the Maestro SE. Review/write up Here

1000032852.jpg

They sound amazing but definitely not comfortable for me.
Excellent review! Love your style of review! Thanks for showing these beauties some love!

May 30, 2024 at 1:04 AM Post #2,039 of 2,059
Excellent review! Love your style of review! Thanks for showing these beauties some love!

Thank you so much! Appreciate you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back