FatFreq Grand Maestro
Apr 15, 2024 at 10:21 PM Post #241 of 252
I paid extra 180 USD (or SGD, can't rmb) for the mesh guard. Have to request manually :)

Yes they sound incredible!
Ahh no wonder, thanks for the clarification.

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:55 AM Post #242 of 252
Pretty sad as I have just shipped back my CIEM GM to Fatfreq. My left IEM has a venting issue which causes uneven air pressure vs the right ear. I occasionally get vacuum in my left ear when adjusting the fit. I suspect it's because the venting hole is not properly done.

They took more than a week for QC checks and it was still shipped like this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now I have to be away from my GM for another 2-3 weeks (including shipping times) while they fix this.

Left:
PXL_20240407_202005302.MP.jpg

Right:
PXL_20240407_202016893.MP.jpg

Apr 16, 2024 at 7:29 PM Post #243 of 252
Pretty sad as I have just shipped back my CIEM GM to Fatfreq. My left IEM has a venting issue which causes uneven air pressure vs the right ear. I occasionally get vacuum in my left ear when adjusting the fit. I suspect it's because the venting hole is not properly done.

They took more than a week for QC checks and it was still shipped like this. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Now I have to be away from my GM for another 2-3 weeks (including shipping times) while they fix this.

Left:
PXL_20240407_202005302.MP.jpg

Right:
PXL_20240407_202016893.MP.jpg
Sorry to hear that, it's really unfortunate you got a bad unit. I checked mine right away after seeing your post and luckily mine venting holes are okay. Hope you get yours back soon!

Apr 17, 2024 at 2:23 AM Post #244 of 252

Left:

Right:
I don´t want to claim anything and please do not get my wrong.
I just can not imagine that it was shipped like this, especially after QC.
Also I can not imagine you did not see that on the first close inspection when receiving your ~2500$ IEM.
To me it looks like the vent is blocked by the grease/dirt which also is clearly visible around the blocked vent.
Again, I don´t want to claim anything or accuse you, I just can not imagine it, but that does not have to mean anything.
Anyways, I hope it will be fixed soon and you get to enjoys your babies again!

Last edited:
Apr 17, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #245 of 252
I don´t want to claim anything and please do not get my wrong.
I just can not imagine that it was shipped like this, especially after QC.
Also I can not imagine you did not see that on the first close inspection when receiving your ~2500$ IEM.
To me it looks like the vent is blocked by the grease/dirt which also is clearly visible around the blocked vent.
Again, I don´t want to claim anything or accuse you, I just can not imagine it, but that does not have to mean anything.
Anyways, I hope it will be fixed soon and you get to enjoys your babies again!
Hi,

I did inspect it when it first arrived. I can't recall if I noticed it tho, but the vacuum issue was present from the first minute. I didn't think it was a venting issue (and didn't check). I thought it was just the tight fit causing it. A few days on I checked the venting system and saw that the hole was like this.

Also, it's not dirt. I don't have a good picture to show but the hole is there, it is just drilled sideways (and it's half a size smaller than the right hole). The stuff that looks like "dirt" is actually the shell drilled improperly.

PXL_20240407_201938793.MP.jpg

Lastly, I baby the CIEMs incredibly. Always wiped with alcohol wipes, never near dirt, always stored in case.

I know you can't believe this would have past their QC (I can't either), but I've heard even worse things (eg, loose 2-pin connectors, drivers dead on arrival -- how on earth did that leave the Fatfreq office?).

Apr 17, 2024 at 3:23 PM Post #246 of 252
I know you can't believe this would have past their QC (I can't either), but I've heard even worse things (eg, loose 2-pin connectors, drivers dead on arrival -- how on earth did that leave the Fatfreq office?).
Almost seems like they are cutting down on QC to keep up with orders which is a really bad strategy imho.
Thanks for clarification and not taking it as an offense! :beerchug:

Apr 17, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #247 of 252
Almost seems like they are cutting down on QC to keep up with orders which is a really bad strategy imho.
Thanks for clarification and not taking it as an offense! :beerchug:
No worries :) weird cuz they took a week for QC checks. Idk if its doing QC check of batches (wouldn't be surprised - that's an efficient way), but not when stuff like this gets past.

It may have been dirt, but if it was, it wasn't from my end. I didn't take a toothpick to poke it to see if it was part of the acrylic shell or actual dirt. Didn't wanna touch it. But it looks to me most likely as just a poorly drilled hole.

Apr 17, 2024 at 10:46 PM Post #248 of 252
Deleted

Last edited:
Apr 18, 2024 at 2:50 AM Post #249 of 252
I am currently using the stock silver cable for my GM, while it sounds really good I wonder what the upgraded gold plated silver would sound like and I also heard good things about the Eletech Raphael. If anyone has one they are willing to let go, pm me!

Apr 18, 2024 at 3:54 AM Post #250 of 252
No worries :) weird cuz they took a week for QC checks. Idk if its doing QC check of batches (wouldn't be surprised - that's an efficient way), but not when stuff like this gets past.

It may have been dirt, but if it was, it wasn't from my end. I didn't take a toothpick to poke it to see if it was part of the acrylic shell or actual dirt. Didn't wanna touch it. But it looks to me most likely as just a poorly drilled hole.
This is not Fatfreq first rodeo of bad QC. I am sorry to say this but i have heard a lot of people who bought GM or SE often get into trouble with their unit. Their bad QC now is notorious in the community. Until today i dont know if Fatfreq going to at least fix their problem or not. Sorry for your unit. I saw the picture i think there is something blocking it do you not dare to poke it with needle?

Apr 18, 2024 at 4:59 AM Post #251 of 252
I am currently using the stock silver cable for my GM, while it sounds really good I wonder what the upgraded gold plated silver would sound like and I also heard good things about the Eletech Raphael. If anyone has one they are willing to let go, pm me!
I will be letting go of my Raphael after my GM comes back fixed. (Currently using Raph with my backup IEM).

This is not Fatfreq first rodeo of bad QC. I am sorry to say this but i have heard a lot of people who bought GM or SE often get into trouble with their unit. Their bad QC now is notorious in the community. Until today i dont know if Fatfreq going to at least fix their problem or not. Sorry for your unit. I saw the picture i think there is something blocking it do you not dare to poke it with needle?
Yeah i didn't dare poke it because I don't want dirt falling into my unit. I actually didn't think it was dirt tbh. It looked to me like a poorly drilled hole, and the "stuff" is the poorly drilled acrylic shell. Anyways I already sent it back to FF for them to fix.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back