fastest triode tube?
Jul 11, 2015 at 4:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

goobicii

100+ Head-Fier
http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/185027-the-vacuum-tube-strikes-back-nasas-tiny-460ghz-vacuum-transistor-that-could-one-day-replace-silicon-fets Tube amps,both OTL and transformer coupled have usualy bandwidth of 75 to 100khz,transistor amps are much faster,even the slowest ones like Violectric V281 or 430HA are 200khz+...then you have current mode amps like Bakoon that go to 1Mhz

the slower,the warmer the sound.... faster = more detail,resolution,better transient

Aried Cerat have Impera II pre amps with their reverse triode that go to 500khz

my question is,what tube is fastest,with highest bandwidth

EDIT : look what I found! Image about million of these in OTL cyclotron :basshead:

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:16 PM Post #2 of 28
the slower,the warmer the sound.... faster = more detail,resolution,better transient

nope.
how could you get such an idea?

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 28
Warmer amps generaly have lower bandwidth and more neutral,high resolution ones have higher bandwidth,for example look at v281,Rag and bakoon ..... more bandwidth more accurate sound,its a fact.The faster,the more precisely it follows input signal

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #4 of 28
Warmer amps generaly have lower bandwidth and more neutral,high resolution ones have higher bandwidth,for example look at v281,Rag and bakoon ..... more bandwidth more accurate sound,its a fact.The faster,the more precisely it follows input signal

One can easily design an amp with fast or high slew rate active components and have a low bandwith. We are neither bats nor radar sets so our human bandwidth is very limited. Sound to me like you're chasing ghosts.

Jul 11, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 28

I think you'll need to present rather more robust evidence than you have so far 

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:32 PM Post #8 of 28
lets masturbate over my claim that faster amps are more accurate and totaly ignore the whole point of this thread and that is answering whitch tubes have highest freqency response/bandwidth/whatever

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:36 PM Post #9 of 28
  lol you say my evidence is weak yet you presented zero evidence :D

I'm not the one making the claims, you are. I'd like to know where you get backing for your assertion, simple as that, do you have some source for your assertion ?

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:41 PM Post #10 of 28

I'm not the one making the claims, you are. I'd like to know where you get backing for your assertion, simple as that, do you have some source for your assertion ?

did you heard : 1. any tube amp?
                       2. V281?
                       3. Ragnarok?
                       4. Bakoon ( preferabely the japanese one )

if yes,then google their max freqency,its no rocket science that more slewrate/freqency response/bandwidth = less warmth more resolution

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #11 of 28
                       2. V281?
                       3. Ragnarok?

if yes,then google their max freqency,its no rocket science that more slewrate/freqency response/bandwidth = less warmth more resolution

Ragnarok: 20 Hz - 20 kHz, -0.1 dB. -3 dB at 300 kHz.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

se

Jul 11, 2015 at 8:55 PM Post #13 of 28

2. V281?
                       3. Ragnarok?

What do you mean by warmth (do you mean low order distortion or high frequency rolloff ?) and resolution?. I am not sure that resolution is even a meaningful term as presented here, but what do you mean by it ? Do you mean bright ?  Any half decent amp tube or SS will be more or less flat but not all are. I am genuinely struggling to understand exactly what you are getting at...

Jul 11, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 28
The all tube Schiit Valhalla 2 has a -3 dB of 200 kHz.

se

didnt heard Valhalla,the Rag is 50% faster and again,even through I didnt heard Valhalla I bet Rag is more accurate and Valhalla is warmer

thank you for supporting my claim 
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back