Fastest booting DAP?
May 15, 2022 at 1:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Amfibius

New Head-Fier
Hello all, I am trying to find a solution for music in my car. My car is an older model, has unreliable Bluetooth, and the most reliable way to listen to music is to plug a DAP into the 3.5mm audio input. I only listen to FLAC's from my collection. The problem is, my current DAP (Astell & Kern KANN) takes more than a minute to boot up so I usually can't be bothered firing that up unless I am going for a long drive. So I am in the market for a new DAP for my car.

These are the criteria:

1. Fastest booting time possible.
2. Sound quality or audio output voltage is NOT important.
3. Must have physical buttons so I don't have to look at the screen to change track. Important when I am driving.
4. Must have SD card support up to 1TB.
5. Compact size and low price is preferred.
6. The USB voltage output in my car is pathetic and charges my phone painfully slowly so this player needs to be energy efficient / have long battery life.
7. Last but not least: available in Australia. This means: A&K, Fiio, Sony, Cayin, Hiby, Shanling.

May 18, 2022 at 7:39 PM Post #2 of 3
They don’t seem well distributed in Australia but Lotoo players are famous for their lightning-quick boot-up time. They are also small, boast extensive battery life, sport physical buttons, only read local files and support 2TB cards. The PAW 6000 for instance but it may be overkill.
Cowon players from the Plenue R2 up also match your request, but they too may be hard to source in Australia.

Otherwise reach for the DAP with the best CPU/RAM specs, the recent batch of Snapdragon 660 equipped DAPs should boot fast.

May 21, 2022 at 3:01 AM Post #3 of 3
The LP6K boots in a couple of seconds, literally and ticks most of your boxes. I dont know if it is distributed in Australia.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back