Fast IEMs with good mids
Sep 5, 2009 at 2:34 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

ericpike

New Head-Fier
I will be racking up the frequent flyer miles over the coming weeks, so I'm in the market for something nicer than my freebee iPod headphones. I listen to a variety of music, but mostly pop and rock. I haven't ventured into quality headphones before, but I do have a fairly nice hifi system (Linn/Naim). My sound signature is fast with good pace, good mids, and a bit of warmth without shrill highs.

It looks like Klipsch matches my sound sig, but are there others I should consider? My price range is $70 - $140ish.

Thanks!
Eric

Sep 5, 2009 at 3:53 PM Post #2 of 10
I'd absolutely go for the HiFiMan RE0. I have the RE2 (It was $80 when I got it, I think it's $40 now) and it would be a steal for $100. I love the midrange and it's exceedingly fast. It's a bit cold, but it sounds so nice. I call them my mini-Grados. So with that in mind, and the RE0 at $99 right now, it's the logical choice. Antonyfirst even called it a contender for the top universal IEM spot, and others have preferred it to top contending universals.

Sep 5, 2009 at 4:50 PM Post #4 of 10
Etymotic HF5, UE SF700, Image S4, JVC FXC70, Shure E4c, Denon AH-C710 and SF5Pro.........

Sep 5, 2009 at 7:58 PM Post #6 of 10
Eric, I think the custom 3's would be a big improvement over the s4's without a doubt. They are great phones, and may be what you are looking for.

Sep 5, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #9 of 10
Klispch Custom 3 are amazing IEMs, Specialy the midrange is very detailed and on level of SE530 but very open and alive. It's one of the best IEMs for rock genre and overall it has klipsch signature warm sound with great bass extention(deep, fast, punchy and crisp). I think it's need little over 30hrs burn in to settle down and after it's sound rich warm and airy with great details.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back