Fashion on ear showdown (Sol Republic Tracks HD, Nootec ZORO HD, Fanny Wang 1000)
Aug 6, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #17 of 31
I haven't heard the others you've listed, but I received my Zoro HD earlier and they offer a fairly neutral and balanced sound. I think they sound great and feel comfortable for on ear cans. I mainly listen to oldskool intelligent jungle, reggae, R&B and trance. Bass is excellent , tight, controlled, doesn't flood the mids and reaches well into the sub-bass region (reaching 30hz and below nicely), mids and vocals are upfront and lively, and highs are crisp. I have mine connected to my S3 using mortplayer (EQ'd), further amplified with the Fiio E11 and I can feel the cans vibrating on my ears. I will continue to use these amped, as I can't seem to get enough power direct from my S3. The Zoro's are replacing my Audio-Technica ATH-M50's as my portable headphone of choice for now; although they don't sound quite as good or seal as good as the M50, they're smaller, easier to carry around and more comfortable. I also prefer the Zoro HD to the Momentum on-ear.

The Zoro HD's are a fine headphone for the price. :)

Aug 7, 2013 at 1:27 PM Post #19 of 31
I used to own a pair. It seems that they put all the hard work into the build and forget about the sound. Bloated bass, recessed mids, rolled off highs. Very congested.

Aug 24, 2013 at 1:23 AM Post #22 of 31
Zoro HD are very good for the price :)

Although for bass lovers in a portable headphone in this price range, I strongly suggest looking at the JVC HA-S500.

Aug 24, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #23 of 31
Quote:
Zoro HD are very good for the price
smily_headphones1.gif

Although for bass lovers in a portable headphone in this price range, I strongly suggest looking at the JVC HA-S500.

the CAL is another good choice as is the M Audio Q40

For a good looking headphone with bass, buy a Beats off eBay. If you lucky you'll get the fakes that actually sound better ;3 

Aug 25, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #25 of 31
I think im gonna keep looking since none of these are good, i just want it to be portable, thinking about ue6000 as the best buy deal is good.

Hello!

HAHAHAHA I was about to tell you that as well but guess you found out already! Yes! Indeed they are totally bang for buck at that price! Bassy, slightly recessed mids not as bad, warm sound. Awesome pair at that price and can't ask anymore from it! XD

In case you can't get the deal on the UE6000. The UE4000 will do as well!

Hope it helps!
Billson :)

Aug 25, 2013 at 8:46 AM Post #27 of 31
For $100, the Zoro Hds are a great audiophile phone. I have not done head to head with UE 6000.

I think they are different to compare... The UE6000 are more for basshead and the Zoros from what I heard, are more neutral from what I have read

Billson :)

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #28 of 31
UE 6000 is built better then Zoro HD, but Zoro HD sounds better. And if you connect the Zoro HD to a Fioo E 12 portable amplifier, the sound is higher fidelity yet. in my opinion, there is no on ear headphone that can touch the noontec Zoro HDi in the hundred dollar price range, and it is way way better then tracks HD and competitive with VModa M80. I like the Zoro HD better than the ATH-m50s.

And now, the Zoro HD can be had for 84 dollars on Amazon. I truly believe this headphone is a must buy, and the sol republics are a must skip.

Nov 25, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #29 of 31
The Zoro HD seems to scale up well with amplification, it sounds scratchy when you crank it up all the way without an amplifier, but with an amplifier it sounds high-end. No scratchiness when it's loud. and this is definitely not true for the sol republics. My Sennheiser momentum over ear is a better headphone, but it does not sound way better with amplification like the Zoro HD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back