Farewell LCD Soundsystem!
Apr 2, 2011 at 10:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Inkmo

1000+ Head-Fier
If you guys don't know, pitchfork.com is streaming their last concert on their front page right now.  I'd go and catch it if I were you.  They're doing a 3 hour show but it's already like half of the way through.  I barely even noticed how fast it's going!

Apr 2, 2011 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 18
So they were playing one of the tracks off 45:33 and then broke straight into Sound of Silver and like half the band came out on stage in these silver boiler suits.  Dangit why am I not in New York right now XD

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #3 of 18
Thanks for posting this.  Glad I am able to catch some of the concert.  I love Jame's Murphy's stuff.

I wasn't sure about the SQ from a streaming deal like this, but it's not horrible, listenable for sure.

Wish I was able to airplay it to my living room...

Apr 2, 2011 at 11:32 PM Post #4 of 18
I dragged my receiver from my room to my computer and hooked it up with my mixing deck!  It's very listenable, but I'm doing speakers and not headphones.

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:02 AM Post #5 of 18
Wow, the bass line in "Someone Great" is mind blowing, great version live!! 

I have to say I'm impressed with everything they've done tonight.  I would typically think they'd shine more in the studio, but this is a great show.

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 18
Looks like he's having trouble with his IEM's.... wonder what brand he's sporting, I haven't been able to get a good look at them yet. 

Head Fi'er at heart here, can't resist checking out the equipment, even when I'm digging the tunes!

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:27 AM Post #8 of 18
I must have not been looking up.  missed that.  noticed he's wearing IEMs earlier, though...

OH yeah i see what's goingg on.  Murphy keeps sticking his finger in his right ear?  Maybe having problems' keeping seal.  Or just trying to hear himself a little better to stay in key?

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #9 of 18
He was messing with both ears, even pulled one ear out for a while, pointed at them as if to ask his sound guy to do something.

Was it just me or did you notice him a little off key for a while... may have been due to the trouble.  Seems like he's back on now, so maybe they got it straightened out.

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:39 AM Post #11 of 18
He's off key sometimes...  I think the songs where he has to sing a little more classi..

oh snap New York I Love You But You're Bringing Me Down!  Yes!

Apr 3, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #13 of 18
That's an interesting Mic he's using... appears to be a vintage Sennheiser MD 409.  Seems it was "THE" mic to have... when the Doobie brothers were touring! 
bigsmile_face.gif
Very cool.

I'm sticking it out... I'm thinking encore!! 
popcorn.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back