Faraday Cage for Sound card complete.
Mar 10, 2006 at 2:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

]|[ GorE

500+ Head-Fier
Did this to my sound card using my old school metal compass box and aluminium foil and finally grounded the faraday cage.

Result:
More sparkle and increased detail.A better mod than the one where you ground your processors heatsink !
biggrin.gif

Mar 10, 2006 at 10:58 PM Post #6 of 12
Umm... looks kinda nice, but in these days of multi-layer PCBs, direct radiation is fairly insignificant vs. dirty power rails (assuming the ground planes were done correctly).

Mar 11, 2006 at 10:19 AM Post #7 of 12
The power supply part of the card has already been modded.BTW,its plain horrible how uninteresting threads get so many view/replies while a practical mod thread such as this gets so few.....
eek.gif

Mar 11, 2006 at 10:46 AM Post #8 of 12
I had this same idea a month or so but never went through with it.Glad to see you did it.

What you should do now is make it again but more profesional if you don't mind me saying.Great job!.

Mar 11, 2006 at 11:50 AM Post #9 of 12
I could make it look better but who cares ? Its inside a non-transparent casing.

Oh,i am gonna seal up a few more gaps between the card and the box with foil.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:26 PM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
The power supply part of the card has already been modded.BTW,its plain horrible how uninteresting threads get so many view/replies while a practical mod thread such as this gets so few.....
eek.gif

First of all, you might find that a mod gets more traction in the DIY section than here.

Second, faraday cages are supposed to protect devices from RF/EMI- I gotta agree with sgrossklass. I remain skeptical about the benefits.

Third, and probably most pertinent - perhaps not everyone agrees that this is a 'practical' and important mod and that the other threads are 'uninteresting'.

Mar 11, 2006 at 5:38 PM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ]|[ GorE
eek.gif

Sorry but this really isn't a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back