Fantasy Land - what do you aspire to?
Nov 17, 2015 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Takeanidea

Headphoneus Supremus
Just starting out down the road of headphones and all the other things that come with it? Or almost there but unable or unwilling to go for that ultimate setup right now?

If so , we all need to know what it is. Anything goes here , it can be a portable setup to rule them all or just a set of headphones, the source of legends or a great amp , with only stipulation.....

You have to have heard it, maybe only briefly but this needs to have come from some sort of experience , in your ears folks , not in a virtual world. In the real world you got hooked up to it and you heard it and WOW!

Pictures , comments , videos - all are welcome. 

Let me start the ball rolling -

The AK380 - for 10 minutes at CanJam London I managed a glimpse of what could be achieved with a footprint this small. Using my ACS Encore Studio Customs and some sample HiRes Tracks from Astell & Kern I was transported, even with a baying crowd behind me anxious to have a taste for themselves. It represents unashamed luxury, I'm not sure who could afford something like this for the gym or to take on a run but I found myself daydreaming , justifying the cost by using it as a primary source to feed to an Amp using the TV, Blu Ray Player, Network Drive, in short ANYTHING to cover that sort of money. But, of course, I couldn't

Nov 18, 2015 at 4:35 AM Post #2 of 4
Through a bit of good luck I own my dream source but would love to add a Van Den Hul Crimson Amber and a EAR 324 to it! Never going to happen though :frowning2:.

Nov 19, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #4 of 4
hmmmm...

really sorry about it
but i will break the condition >_<

so i started this hobby about 3~ years ago, about 2 years ago i heard the HD800 as my first hi-end headphones, after 3 minutes i took of the headphones, its not because the HD800 didnt sound good, actually they sound so good, that i didnt want to memorize the sound so i will lose my appetite to hear music with my headphones, back then i never thought i could ever afford something like the HD800 in the next 5 years (was about poor 14 years old kid back then i think)
so i kept dreaming about geting the HD800...
redface.gif

another little condition breaking here: about a year and a half ago my friend got V800+V200, i never had a chance to hear the combo, but i remember myself reading lots of reviews on the V800, and because of the great reviews i really wanted to get it, but again, same feeling, something that i could never afford in the next 3 years at least
frown.gif

a year ago i heard LCD2 and i was blown away, they were even better then the HD800 (which i heard at the same day with the LCD2)
and still getting the LCD2 was kinda far dream for me...
frown.gif
redface.gif

it all changed about two months ago, i heard in a meeting the LCD2/3/XC with master9\ Leben and even pluged my Q701 to those 2 amps...
i was so suprised,  just about 2 weeks ago i got speakers amp that i "accidentally" discovered that it got great headphones output sounds better with my 701 then the master 9, and more then that, the Q701 sounded superior then the LCD2\3 even with the master 9/Leben for me!
so after the meeting i went home knowing that i dont need to change headphones, and i can be happy with what i got
k701smile.gif

after a short while after the meeting i planned on buying the schiit bifrost,
then by a chance found someone from my country selling the V800 for great price, you can guess what happened next
biggrin.gif
)

so im kinda living my dream right now, and im really happy with what i got. (from the headphones territory... too bad i got into speakers as well xD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back