Fans of Trentemoller look here! CRAZY!
Jun 24, 2009 at 5:10 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

contr01

New Head-Fier
Evil Dub, off The Last Resort - epic. For those who have never heard the song, go listen to it.

Now go listen to Carmen Rizzo's "The Rest of Us" off her album "Ornament of an Imposter.

She literally copied not only the bassline for the opening, but all the glitches, literally glitch for glitch. I looked it up to see if I could find anything about her sampling his work, and I couldn't find anything. That's crazy to me. I was listening to this album for the first time (didn't really end up liking it, but I gave it all a chance, and the second song sounded just like Evil Dub, from my favorite album basically. I thought I somehow had both the songs playing at the same time on accident.

Isn't that crazy?

Jun 24, 2009 at 5:37 AM Post #2 of 18
um newsflash: Carmen Rizzo is a guy...and sampling isn't a new thing, you will find that many artists sample off each other and make their own interpreation of it, recycling, creating something new, sometimes even doing it better than the original and or worse, repeat, etc

Jun 24, 2009 at 6:40 AM Post #3 of 18
Man, I never would imagine a Trentemøller thread on Head-Fi. That's that's the real story here.

Evil Dub is bad arse song. Chronicles was pretty good too. That guy can construct some sweet microsound. We need a new full length from him.

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tiantan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
um newsflash: Carmen Rizzo is a guy...and sampling isn't a new thing, you will find that many artists sample off each other and make their own interpreation of it, recycling, creating something new, sometimes even doing it better than the original and or worse, repeat, etc

ok you got me about carmen being a guy (i knew nothing about him, i just have too many albums i havent listened to yet)

but on the other issue - i know what sampling is. but this is a bit more than sampling. he just took the whole opening sequence pretty much. he didn't sample the music, he pretty much copy and pasted it.

Jun 24, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #5 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by virometal /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Man, I never would imagine a Trentemøller thread on Head-Fi. That's that's the real story here.

Evil Dub is bad arse song. Chronicles was pretty good too. That guy can construct some sweet microsound. We need a new full length from him.

yea tell me about it. i know for a fact he's creating a new album, more dance styled this time around. hopefully he doesn't lack on attention to detail, which im guessing he won't.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:08 PM Post #6 of 18
I don't know what's more surprising...

A Trentemøller thread on Head-Fi...

...or the fact that he's 'big' enough for other artists to sample?

He has some truly brilliant stuff - I hope his next album isn't too 'dancefloor oriented' - there are already plenty of people making techno and tech house (I will NOT use the word 'maximal' - ugh!) and his sound is more refined and advanced to my ears.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:30 PM Post #7 of 18
Wanna know something crazy? Sampling is big business!
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jun 24, 2009 at 10:52 PM Post #9 of 18
Whoo for the danish artist! He does some good stuff... funny havn't really been all that into him. Here in Denmark he is a major music celeb for anyone in the know - the most popular radio station (P3) features him as one of the top artists which he surely is.

May 29, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #11 of 18
I think Miss You is the greatest. Its all good
L3000.gif

May 30, 2010 at 10:52 PM Post #12 of 18
Pssttt. 

The album is amazing 
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 1, 2010 at 4:23 PM Post #13 of 18
Listening to the newly released (Released yesterday) album "into the great wide yonder" right now. Absolutely recommended!!! More vocal stuff but that does not matter. It is still the same sentimental mood. I love it already!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back