famous sons and daughters
Mar 18, 2004 at 12:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

Riordan

500+ Head-Fier
some artists don't have to make a name for themselves, they already got one by birth. while being the heir apparent surely makes it easier for them to reach the spotlight they later have to live up to the expectations...

some follow in their father's or mother's footsteps, some shed those shoes, but most get trampled underneath them...

how long is that list? who has merit, who hasn't? has any offspring bested his/her parents?

arlo guthrie (was he the first?)
jeff buckley
jacob dylan (wallflowers)
julian lennon
ziggy marley
lisa-marie presley
natalie cole

Mar 18, 2004 at 9:29 PM Post #3 of 18
norah jones

Mar 18, 2004 at 9:43 PM Post #4 of 18
The Judds. Naomi and Wynonna Judd.

Mar 18, 2004 at 9:59 PM Post #6 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Chinchy
The Judds. Naomi and Wynonna Judd.

I'd watch a movie with Ashley Judd (rowr) in it any day over listening to music by the Judds.

blech.

Mar 18, 2004 at 10:29 PM Post #8 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by soundboy
Zak Starkey (son of Ringo- current drummer for The Who)

Bonzo & son occur to me. I think his name is Jason (?) played a benefit with Zep once.

Mar 18, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #9 of 18
A.J. Croce
Derek Trucks
John Pizzarelli
Dwezel Zappa
Natale Cole
Liza Minelli (sp?)

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:39 PM Post #11 of 18
What about the Bachs

Grandfather:
Johann Ambrosius -- proffesional musician

Father:
Johann Sebastian Bach --The "Bach"

Son:
Carl Phillip Emanuel Bach -- More famous than J.S for many years.

Pat

Mar 19, 2004 at 5:53 PM Post #12 of 18
Lori Black (Lorax), Melvins bass player in their early years up through HOUDINI, is the daughter of Shirley Temple-Black ("Good Ship Lollipop," etc..).

No kiddin!

-jar

Mar 19, 2004 at 7:16 PM Post #13 of 18
Erich Kleiber and his son Carlos Kleiber - both very highly regarded conductors.

Regards,

L.

Mar 19, 2004 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Leporello
Erich Kleiber and his son Carlos Kleiber - both very highly regarded conductors.

Regards,

L.

Good one! that reminds me.. Werner Klemperer, who played Colonel Wilhelm Klink on Hogan's Heroes was the son of Otto Klemperer, known around here for his killer Mahler 2. Werner was also musical.. besides conducting and playing the violin, he performaed as a narrator with many major orchestras.

Werner and his father fled Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Ironically, Werner ended up playing a German soldier on tv. His one rule for taking the part: Klink was to never succeed..

-jar

Mar 20, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally posted by Masonjar
Werner and his father fled Nazi Germany in the 1930's. Ironically, Werner ended up playing a German soldier on tv. His one rule for taking the part: Klink was to never succeed..

Amazing/wonderful

Users who are viewing this thread

Back