family guy rules
Oct 17, 2005 at 4:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 54

mjg

Headphoneus Supremus
Is it just me, or is this the funniest show on tv right now? Usually, i never enjoy tv, or even cartoons, yet wow, i got hooked on this show. I cannot believe they get away with it without it being all officiated and watered down, but oh man... I even got my parents watching it now. The episode on tonight was ridiculous, i mean once in awhile a dumb joke, but 90% of the time i'm laughing so hard i'm choking hehe.

Peter getting a job at a beer factory? Pulls up to the house trying to order take out then ask's lois for some pants hahahaha.

holy crap i love that show.

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #3 of 54
Yeah, it's a great show. Pure CI with some hint of a plot. Although when they brought it back, the new particular season seemed to be "forcing" the jokes. It's getting better now, but sometimes the length and timing is off.

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:15 AM Post #4 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
Yeah, it's a great show. Pure CI with some hint of a plot. Although when they brought it back, the new particular season seemed to be "forcing" the jokes. It's getting better now, but sometimes the length and timing is off.

So it was pulled? do you know the story behind that?

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 54
yea it seemed to be on FOX, yet my tivo is recording it off cartoon network...

The only times kinda annoying are when they make an awkward "weird momment" on purpose, and keep it going... IT pulls off sometimes, like peter making his own pee wee's play house with his "reperations" after he finds out hes part black... That was just so damn weird it was funny... Yet other times, i'm scratch my head like What.. Like when they go off into a song number with stewey doing something flaming and not very funny...

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:22 AM Post #7 of 54
BLAST!!!

.............................. ..........____
................. .........,--~’’’’¯¯¯ ..’-,...¯’’~’’~--,,
................ ...,-‘’’¯~, ....’- ...... ............... ....-,
....... ......,-‘_¯, ........................ ............, ........’~,
........ ..,-‘ ... ....................... ...........,-;’,,,,_ ........’-,,
....... ,-‘_, ........____ ............... ....,-‘ ..° ....’-, ......,°.;
..... ,-‘ .............,,,---,,, ............ ......|,,--~’’’’’’¯I .....,’
.... ,;,_ .........,-‘ ....° ..,,;, ..........’-, .’~,_ ....,-‘’ ....,’
. ,--; .............|,,--~’’’ ....| ...........-‘ ........¯¯ ......,’
..;,°;, ............’-,_ ......,,-‘ .........._,,;- ......... ...,-‘
.......’~, .............’’’’’’’’’ ...........-‘’ ,-‘ ..........,,~’
............’~-, ................ ............... .....,,-~’
.................... ‘~--,,,,_______,,,,-~’’’’¯¯
............ .........,-‘ ......,, .... ._,,,,i;;;|-|_,
................. ..,/, ....,-;’---‘----‘ ...... ..../.,_;|
.................,/, ,’’’’~, .............. .......| ¯
................... ‘’-‘’’| .................. ....,
........................ ../, ........../------~’’¯’;
.................. .....,’’ ¯’’~--~’’’ .¯’---,,,,--‘’
........................ ‘’~-,,-~’¯

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #8 of 54
so is stewy gay or what?

He seems to be liek thie metrosexual like player dood hooking up with women one momment...t hen other times??? what?

haha

Man they make him do some disgusting stuff some times. Did anyone catch the episode where he went into peter and it turned into like star wars and he was fighting the sperm? hahaa.

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:26 AM Post #9 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by gratefulshrink
So it was pulled? do you know the story behind that?

fox pulled the plug on family guy for about a year because it was getting too questionable, but undoubtly more funny. while it was off the air, fox then sold the rights to air re-runs to Cartoon Network, who showed family guy during adult swim. then fox bought the rights back (or something like that) because they realized how many people loved this show and thus THE GREATEST SHOW EVER is back.

anyone watch the family guy movie? that **** is hilarious......

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:27 AM Post #10 of 54
It's the only cartoon worth buying the dvds from. The jokes are always on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
The only times kinda annoying are when they make an awkward "weird momment" on purpose, and keep it going...

I actually think it's funny when he's fighting that chicken for like 5 minutes. My friends are just like WTH

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:29 AM Post #11 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by cire
fox pulled the plug on family guy for about a year because it was getting too questionable, but undoubtly more funny. while it was off the air, fox then sold the rights to air re-runs to Cartoon Network, who showed family guy during adult swim. then fox bought the rights back (or something like that) because they realized how many people loved this show and thus THE GREATEST SHOW EVER is back.

anyone watch the family guy movie? that **** is hilarious......

whooh a movie? i gotta see this haha.

Oct 17, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #12 of 54
Quote:

Originally Posted by mjg
whooh a movie? i gotta see this haha.

Yes you do. It is so great. I love family guy.
biggrin.gif

Oct 17, 2005 at 5:03 AM Post #13 of 54
I've been wataching Family Guy for quite a while.
As has been mentioned, they wander off and keep it going too long. Like the episode where Peter gets in a fight with a giant chicken. They just kept fighting through several scenes and for several minutes. I didn't get it.
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back