Falling in and out of love with your headphones?
Jan 9, 2009 at 9:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

Punnisher

Headphoneus Supremus
The strangest thing just happened last night. I actually started enjoying my 325i again.

Ever since I got my 880 my 325i has just been sitting on my headphone stand collecting dust. Every time I went back to them I couldn't handle the upper midrange.

All of the sudden I am enjoying both. My FS ad is still up but I probably won't sell the 325i even if someone offered.

Has anyone had this experience?

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:19 PM Post #2 of 20
Sure. When my sinuses clear, suddenly i can stand hot upper-mids again.

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:23 PM Post #3 of 20
I wish I had a pair of SR-325i to fall in love with again, but to answer you question, yes. My shure e4cs come and go as my favorite, the balance these IEM have suprised me every time I use them afer listening to my other phones for a while. It makes having many phones to choose from fun!!!
Kevin

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:26 PM Post #4 of 20
I had a similar (except not really) experience with my Zune premium earbuds. I had to send my q-jays off to Sweden for replacement, and I was without them for a month. After a week or two, the Zune's started sounding okay to me. I go back to them occasionally to remind me why I spent all that money on good headphones.

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:33 PM Post #5 of 20
I'm going back and forth like that now with my SR80 and D1001. I'm discovering that it's quite nice that way to have two competent cans with very different, and complementary, sound signatures.

Jan 9, 2009 at 10:49 PM Post #6 of 20
Well UM2 have not been out since August
tongue.gif

I was indifferent to the HD600 when I first got them. But now love them. Loved the ESW9 instantly when I got them but now toned down to 'like'

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:00 AM Post #7 of 20
I was really dissapointed with my HD650s when I got them, but did a re-tube and started liking them a bit more as they burned in. Shelved them for around three weeks, returning to my RS-1s (which I never seem to fall out of love with).

For a few weeks now, I haven't wanted to listen to anything but the HD-650s, mostly because I'm listening to much harder and louder music due to stress. I don't like listening to the Grados super loud at all.

It's nice to have both.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #8 of 20
I have the same problem all the time with different sets of cans. I even notice the difference in perceived bass or higher sensitivity to the mids listening to speakers too. (Spent allot of time messing with EQ settings in my car till I figured out what the problem was.) I found it has to do with sinus pressure and or congestion. Even if I'm not sick. I have narrow nasal passages that sometimes don't let my sinuses drain right. Sometimes it’s just an air pressure issue or something and if I pop my ears like divers do then everything sounds right again. The problem is the worst in the winters.

BTW Punnisher, did you get my PM?
smile_phones.gif

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #9 of 20
For me, the 325i took months to really grow on me. I've recently sold my Darth Beyers and 2003 DT-880...not because I didn't like them, I wanted to build a permanent portable rig so something needed to be sacrificed. The DT-880 was perfect for some music but still spent less time on my head than HD650.

My favorite remains HD650 but I spent an entire week listening to my 325i with iPod Classic & XM5 and I had never enjoyed the 325i so much. I change between comfies, bowls and flat pads. They do certain types of music so nice!

Jan 10, 2009 at 5:53 PM Post #10 of 20
I just keep falling in love with more cans not less.

I either hate a can right off the bat or it grows on me but I rarely fall OUT of love with a set.

Jan 31, 2009 at 4:32 AM Post #11 of 20
When I joined a week ago, I was raving about my DT220s, and now they sound colored and unrealistic. My A500s are also getting more head time after changing the amount of polyfill inside.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:24 AM Post #14 of 20
I fall in and out of love with my headphones all the time, which makes me reluctant to sell them when I am in an out of love phase. Sometimes though, a day comes when my reasons for disliking a particular headphone crystalize and then I know I don't want it anymore.

Jan 31, 2009 at 5:33 AM Post #15 of 20
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I name my headphones.

Haha do you mind sharing? Or is a personal thing..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back