FAKE sony xb700's WATCH OUT
Jul 19, 2010 at 1:30 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Jabse

100+ Head-Fier
its ok guys, i found it was a fake, a pathetic attempt to make it look genuine too, it's just a xb500 with fake drivers and xb700 written on frame instead of xb500

this enrages me how can he have 98% feedback, only ONE other guy  called him out and i didn't read that until just then

time is money and he cant refund me time.

I'll just use the earpads :)

Jul 19, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #4 of 22
I would not unscrew anything or try to fix it yourself until you know for sure you can't get a warranty repair/replacement on it. Odds on favor there's a phone number or something on the packaging you can check.

If it's the XB500 you got mistakingly, it may be acting normally, in which case you should try to contact the seller to see if they can provide any help. They probably won't though if you've already left them feedback.

EDIT: Oh, sorry you got scammed. For new things like these it's a good idea to buy from reputable places with a good return policy. If it's something old/rare that's when you turn to eBay.

Jul 21, 2010 at 4:09 PM Post #7 of 22
Why buy from China for $65 when the XB700 can be found in the US from trusted retailers in the 70 ~ $75 range now.

Jul 21, 2010 at 9:55 PM Post #8 of 22
"Price Range: $104.89 to $179.99 at 16 stores"

Gotta love canada
dt880smile.png

Anyways since it was Ebay I shouldn't have any problems should I?

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:26 AM Post #10 of 22
I looked at ebay before buying my xb700. The packaging looks fake , and theres a lot of hong kong sellers so I was pretty sure they were fake.

I bought mine from onhop.ca for 130$ all in.

Yes, it's 79$ everywhere in the US, *clap*

Jul 22, 2010 at 12:56 AM Post #12 of 22
You ask yourself where NAFTA is in all this, then you gotta talk politics so... Yeah.
Compare prices... Shipping from the US is expensive (service dependent). An eight-dollar piece ships for thirty-five, no.

Jul 22, 2010 at 2:15 AM Post #13 of 22
Erm... the package looks very genuine actually, the headphone itself is the fake one.

i got a genuine one for $150 AUD from sony center, i dont care if it's cheap in US, i live in Australia! and it was $58 usd with shipping.. beats 150

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:39 AM Post #14 of 22

Quote:

All of you might think I'm a dumb*ss, but I bought this fake sony xb700...
And yes... yes... I know they're fake, even the seller told me that it wasn't an original. this is what the seller told me:

[size=10pt]"it is not made in taiwan, it is made in tailand. it is not original sony. it's OEM product, the original sony was made in japan. actually i do not know if it is the real,but the factory told me it is real."[/size]
I was trying to trick him out, wanting to know if he would claim these stuff as an original... but he clearly stated that this were not an original...

So why did I buy it any way... its cheap... 58bucks... what the hell... original xb700 + shipping to Indonesia cost at least 120-150, so i know I can sell it again here cause they don't have xb700 in Indonesia...
(note: don't buy any xb700 from Indonesia)

don't know yet about the sound quality I just bought it last week...

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #15 of 22

Quote:

All of you might think I'm a dumb*ss, but I bought this fake sony xb700...
And yes... yes... I know they're fake, even the seller told me that it wasn't an original. this is what the seller told me:

[size=10pt]"it is not made in taiwan, it is made in tailand. it is not original sony. it's OEM product, the original sony was made in japan. actually i do not know if it is the real,but the factory told me it is real."[/size]
I was trying to trick him out, wanting to know if he would claim these stuff as an original... but he clearly stated that this were not an original...

So why did I buy it any way... its cheap... 58bucks... what the hell... original xb700 + shipping to Indonesia cost at least 120-150, so i know I can sell it again here cause they don't have xb700 in Indonesia...
(note: don't buy any xb700 from Indonesia)

don't know yet about the sound quality I just bought it last week...

lol, when i found my $58 ones were fake I was outraged since his feedback was so high and similar price at US, so i sent some emails and a few days later I got $100 in return for wasting my time. Hell, i didn't even send the headphones back, you just gotta know what to say : )

The left driver was faulty too so i just took them apart, took the cord extender and earpads and threw them in the bin. It's not right to sell fake headphones anyway, unless you tell them its fake then i doubt anyone would buy it, not worth it.

Also, the drivers of fake headphones are the epitome of bad SQ, just burn them..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back