Fake Shure E2G? And also, an eBay warning (long)
Jan 30, 2007 at 4:20 AM Post #16 of 32
wow, was only a matter of time before we saw fake Shures on the web. Sorry you had to be the one to get them, but they sure do look fake. I had the E2G's with the kramer mod before i bought my e4s. I can say for sure the printing does not look like that, nor is it the right color. Mine was printed in silver/gray.

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:26 AM Post #17 of 32
This is always a danger when a company has it's factories located in China. it's so easy to steal the designs and produce knockoffs this way.

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:27 AM Post #18 of 32
I think there is a shure rep here on Headfi, might want to drop him a line and ask him to look at those pics. Could be a older batch, or maybe a refurb or something to that nature.

Ive never seen that case with the shures though, its looks like a woven pouch of some sort. That bag looks like it came OEM with some type of other device, to my knowledge no product includes Shures with them. I could be wrong though. Also, where is the rest of the inserts? I only see Gray ones, but i know for sure the ones that came with my E2G's are black, rubber ones i mean...then it had a few sets of orange foams also. All the shures ive seen come with the clear plastic sleeve to tighten the cords around you ears...i dont see that, but then again, its not hard to just cut that off. If you got it opened, i mean someone could of cut it off...but if you opened a new package yourself...then something is wrong, cause its normally there.

I cant confirm myself, but they sure look fake and the packaging looks fake.

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #19 of 32
Hmmm looks fake to me too
frown.gif

Jan 30, 2007 at 4:49 AM Post #20 of 32
Wow, that is one scary-real looking fake!
blink.gif

This is why I never buy any BIN gear off eBay no matter how cheap it is unless it's supposed to be a Chinese amp or something and it's from the "official" seller...eBay scares me. A lot.

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:44 AM Post #21 of 32
The first photo is pretty much how they came out of the silver anti-static bag. No foamies, just three sets of black silicone plugs. But as I mentioned, the standard orange foamies fit them perfectly.

Anyone know the name of the Shure rep that frequents head-fi? It would be interesting to get his take on this.

The really annoying thing for eBay sellers selling genuine E2's, or other budget IEMs, is that when an ad comes up like this one undercutting everybody else's prices by 20%, why would any non-educated buyer go for the more expensive listing? They wouldn't. If you didn't know any better, and were looking at ER6 and E2, and saw new E2's for half the price of ER6, wouldn't you go for the much cheaper Shure?

Incidentally, all of the listings that were on eBay earlier today for these fakes are now gone. If you search on item 270084688081, which I posted in my original post, "that item has been removed from eBay." At least somebody at eBay is on top of this...

Jan 30, 2007 at 5:45 AM Post #22 of 32
WOW you gotta be kidding me... dang, those look somewhat real but crappy xP. If it was me and even though it sounded good I would still not want them lol the mere fact that its a fake kills me. Ebay sigh... I love ebay but when things like this happen my ebay love decreases. You literally have to research ur ass off about the item and who your buyin it from on ebay =/. But 32 dollars brand new is too good to true...

Mar 3, 2007 at 11:17 AM Post #24 of 32
not just the e2g that sell in my hometown
i also seen creativeEP630 , sony's 71, various Koss&Sennheiser
apple's ipod bud, apple's in ear, (i can find e2g for about 6$ ,not kidding)
BTW i live in Thailand

Mar 3, 2007 at 11:24 AM Post #25 of 32
They look fake to me-as someone mentioned the logo is way off if you compare the actual writing with whats in the third to last picture. I think SugarFried is the Shure rep here.

Mar 3, 2007 at 4:13 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by DJShadow /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They look fake to me-as someone mentioned the logo is way off if you compare the actual writing with whats in the third to last picture. I think SugarFried is the Shure rep here.

Yeah. I think the general consensus is that they were, although they sounded pretty good! I sold them on the Bay a few weeks back - full disclosures in the auction, of course, for about $22. The new owner is very happy with them.

Apr 18, 2007 at 12:55 AM Post #29 of 32
I also bought from that ebay seller and got almost the same package (I didnt get replacement tips). During that time, I had the vibes and I liked the vibes' bright sound over the bassy fakes. However, they were pretty good with the isolation and some detailing in the mids. Overall though they sounded really muffled and uhm, fake.

I eventually gave them away since I got my refund anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back