Fake Sennhesier IE8 question
Feb 11, 2010 at 1:29 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Geeksire

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone. I bought myself a IE8 from Ebay for $276 and I'm quite impressed at the bass it has but for some reason, it didn't wow me. It gave a fuzzy sound when I put hip-hop or music with bass and it felt it "staticy". It has been a month and I thought it was suppose to sound like this until one day I saw a comparison of a real IE8 and a fake IE8. I looked at my own and then the real ones and found out I might have fake IE8's.
Now the point of my thread are two questions:

1.) Does it really matter if the IE8 has a red wire on the right side because my right and left wires are clear as the Colorado River and I'm wondering on just buying a replacement cable?

2.)I always wanted to know what the inside of a genuine IE8 looks like (when I mean the inside of a IE8 I mean where you put the cable or just the ear buds of the two slots) because when I removed the cables from my IE8 to look at the two inputs they have, it looks uneven. My right ear bud doesn't look even close to my left ear bud and I'm getting a little scared.

P.S: All I want are pictures that can show me the cable input on how the left and right ear bud look like. Thanks

Feb 11, 2010 at 3:18 AM Post #2 of 6
I'll post pictures of both of them as up close as I can in the fakes thread that has already started.

As for the difference other than the cable, somewhere on the site I have seen pictures posted showing the guts of a fake set of IE8 and real ones and they were not the same, assuming the pictures can be trusted. So if you do have fakes, I wouldn't trust that buying real cables will solve your problems.

BTW there are real authorized Senn reseller who use Ebay so you might want to see if the auction was from a legitimate store or not.

Feb 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks for the reply. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures, but I wanted to ask you. How can you find out if any Ebay seller is a authorized seller from Sennhesier? I would like to know how. Thanks.

Feb 13, 2010 at 12:42 AM Post #5 of 6
To be safe, never buy from ebay. i got two fakes out of 2 ie8 i bought from ebay. look up on headfi.. reputable headfiers are letting a few away occasionally. The red wire/chip does matter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back