Fake Sennheisers CX 300-II or not?
Aug 19, 2011 at 12:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Kail

Head-Fier
 How easily to spot the difference between real ones?
 I've got mines today and they have too much highs, painfully to listen on high volume. How to find out if they're fake or not?

Thanks in advance.

Pics:

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:23 PM Post #3 of 15
the best way to be sure your sennheiser cx300's are not fake is buying them from an trustful web site or store.

I use to have an  fake cx300 and have an original cx300. the sennheiser logo was really bad at fake ones, i could erase them by my nails easily. also sound was terrible etc.

there is a lot of kind of fake ones. so , there is some differnces between fake two cx300's.

Aug 19, 2011 at 3:28 PM Post #4 of 15
The ones in the picture look real.  On the SENNHEISER tag of the black baggie, the lettering on the fakes is slightly larger and not as well defined and not even with the edge.  The question is, will they send you the ones in the picture, or will you get different ones.

Aug 19, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #5 of 15
the cx-series is supposed to have good mids, soundstage, bloated bass, and sweet, but lacking, highs. Painful highs are nowhere in this description so I'm not sure...

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:26 PM Post #7 of 15
Quote:
the best way to be sure your sennheiser cx300's are not fake is buying them from an trustful web site or store.

I use to have an  fake cx300 and have an original cx300. the sennheiser logo was really bad at fake ones, i could erase them by my nails easily. also sound was terrible etc.

there is a lot of kind of fake ones. so , there is some differnces between fake two cx300's.

I've bought HD 598 from same site and they were real. Quality stuff there, no doubt, but this time...
 Agree on sound, its terrible, but just because of boosted highs.

Quote:
The ones in the picture look real.  On the SENNHEISER tag of the black baggie, the lettering on the fakes is slightly larger and not as well defined and not even with the edge.  The question is, will they send you the ones in the picture, or will you get different ones.

Lettering looks a bit smaller here, than one on the pic, logo is a bit bigger and more defined, also design on left and right upper corners have some funny angle around 15 degrees from left and right sides of bag (comparing to 0 on original pic).

Headphones and box look exactly the same...

...but small difference on back side of box - no written "precision" word and cx-300 II is written close to right corner. Different pics as well: on right shown 2 L R headphones, on left the badge and rubber nozzles. Maybe its a changed design, I dont know.
Quote:
the cx-series is supposed to have good mids, soundstage, bloated bass, and sweet, but lacking, highs. Painful highs are nowhere in this description so I'm not sure...

Yeah, highs are too crisp.With loud volume its just a torture.
 But maybe its my ears. Heres the comparison between fake (some version) and real ones

Real are green, So frequencies are almost same at highs, but sound details are lacking as review saying. No lack of details on mines and good bass. Just too much highs. In comparison to HD 598 theres insane amount of highs.

Aug 19, 2011 at 6:37 PM Post #8 of 15
weird I have owned 2 cx300 old editions and 3 cx500s which are now rebranded as cx400ii which itself is just the cx300ii with mic, but I have never experienced any problems with treble. those graphs aren't really peaks in treble either. most headphones sound signatures have those peaks in the highs. they aren't even the uppermost frequencies

Aug 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #9 of 15
 Weird for me as well - even crappy native earphones don't have so ridiculous highs.

Quote:
most headphones sound signatures have those peaks in the highs. they aren't even the uppermost frequencies

Not at all. Not with such resonance.

Btw why MRSP is double high on official site?
 http://www.sennheiserusa.com/isolating-earphones-stereo_classic-series_502740

Aug 19, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #10 of 15
same reason why meelectronics or jbuds are permanently 70% off. because they are lower end headphones made to seem high end

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:03 PM Post #11 of 15
 Lower end? I think they're most ****tiest phones I ever heard. Even mine shipped with mp3 player sounds better - lesser lows, yeah, but not such boosted highs as well, these highs just killing my ears, ***! My subjective opinion - they're fakes.
 If somebody heard HD598 (or any other phones with similiar freq. response) and CX 300 II, how high frequencies sound in comparison?

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:52 PM Post #12 of 15
yea no doubt theyre fakes, well where did u get them from?

Aug 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Post #13 of 15
 From same local net shop, where I bought HD598 and lot of other good hardware. When this chinese **** will over? I'm starting to be really paranoid, when buying any phones. I will pay double price for any headphones which will be made OUT OF CHINA or any other asian country, cept Japan. I'm sick of this **** already. Fake, fake ,fake, FFFUUUUUUUU!!!!

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:08 PM Post #14 of 15
haha the chinese actually make pretty good phones, but really obvious fake ones as well. you might as well try to get a refund and if you want to try your luck with the cx series again i suggest you get the cx500's directly from amazon (they tend to be a lot cheaper because they are out of production).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back