Fake Sennheiser PMX80?
Oct 25, 2009 at 7:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Prognathous

100+ Head-Fier
I bought these headphone from an eBay seller with very good feedback, thinking that since this model is relatively new the chances of it being fake are low. Now that I received it, I thinking that it is fake. The most questionable part is the "Sennheiser" label at the back. The brand name is off-center and the sticker doesn't perfectly match the concave it's supposed to sit in. Furthermore, there are fringes coming out from the sides. Any chance this is a genuine Sennheiser?

Prog.

Oct 26, 2009 at 7:24 AM Post #3 of 6
6.jpg

7.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

3aa80406d70dbe9204607925472a65df.jpg

Oct 27, 2009 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 6
Thanks Wagen. The questionable PMX80 I received looks almost 100% identical to the shots you posted - except for the ugly label finish. I can't make up my mind if it's a fake or not, so I guess I'll just use it. It's not like I'm expecting top sound quality when I'm inline skating...

Prog.

Edit: One more thing I forgot to mention is that the shrink wrap was not hermetically sealed. I didn't need scissors to open it like I usually do with packages of such goods.

Aug 9, 2011 at 4:19 AM Post #5 of 6
Bought a pair of these on Ebay from what appeared to be a reputable supplier.  One first day of use the headband snaps, rendering them useless.  The rubber ear coverings also slipped off easily.  Probably fakes, but if not then Sennheiser need to seriously re-design.  The problem with these is that the headband is made of dense and inflexible ABS plastic which will snap easily, whereas it should have been molded from PP plastic which is less dense and flexible.  Dumb oversight by the imposters since there is no cost difference between these two raw materials!  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back