FAKE Sennheiser IE8? UE10 pro? SE530? Where are they coming from?
Nov 4, 2009 at 4:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

CodeScripted

100+ Head-Fier
I recently sold my sennheiser IE8 on ebay. During the sale a eBayer contacted me telling me the following:

"Will you be interest in buying Genuine Sennheiser IE8 at wholesale price? What is your current acquisition price for the IE8? We can offer you great price on bulk quantity purchase. Please feel free to email us if you have any question or concerns. Thanks for your valuable time."

So I just joked around and said "I get them from Sennheiser for $190 each" and immediately after my response I got a reply stating "I can offer you $170/unit, Thanks."

So all of sudden I was very intrested
eek.gif
,and I asked "what else can you offer me?": (Here is the list I received)

Brand Name/ Model / Minimum order / Price per unit

Sennheiser / CX300 / 100 / $14

Sennheiser / CX300-II / 100 / $16.80

Sennheiser / CX400-II / 100 / $20.25

Sennheiser / CX400-II G4 / 100 / $21.95

Sennheiser / CX400 / 100 / $19

Sennheiser / CX500 / 100 / $20.10

Sennheiser / CX500 G4ME / 100 / $21

Sennheiser / CXOMX80 Sport II / 100 / $28

Sennheiser / PMX80 / 100 / $16.80

Sennheiser / cx299 / 100 / $28.80

Sennheiser / IE6 / 30 / $70

Sennheiser / IE7 / 20 / $108

Sennheiser / IE8 (no box) / 20 / $140

Sennheiser / IE8 / 20 / $170

Ultimate ears (UE) / UE700 / 30 / $140

Ultimate ears (UE) / UE5 PRO / 30 / $139

Ultimate ears (UE) / UE10 PRO / 10 / $190

SHURE / SE530 / 10 / $220

Then I get another email from this person saying "I will only sell them (SE530, 10PRO, IE8) to you so you will have very competitive price to get more customer for us."

So I asked this person where are you getting them from? and what about the warranty......and the reply I get is "These IE8 comes with 3 month warranty from me and then 1 year warranty from sennheiser, I got them from a sennheiser distributor from UK"

------------------------------------------------

So I was taking this issue very lightly and not bothered about it because I know that this has to be fake stuff (because Sennheiser gives 2 years warranty). But what bothers me is the fact these people are getting stuff for really cheap??? (but from where???....manufacturer in China???)
angry_face.gif

Any thoughts on what my actions should be. Nothing bothers me more than seeing FAKE stuff. People work really hard to enjoy good things in life (and obviously everyone wants a good deal), but these people seem to take advantage by making the price ever lower and when one buys these items he/she gets really irritated for acquring fake stuff and losing money.

Please let me know:
1) What should be my next step?
2) What are your thoughts about this fake items in the market issue?
3) Is best strategy to pony up and pay????

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:00 AM Post #2 of 23
its pretty well known well at least i think its well known that sennheiser has a problem with fakes going around

1)well i would consider contacting sennheiser..i do believe that they are pretty active in trying to get fakes off the market or at least according to their website

2) i think most people here would probably agree with me but i absolutely hate fake products esp iems. well these products are expensive and there can be nothing worse than paying a couple hundred bucks for a product, waiting in anticipation for this product just to get a fake. that would absolutely piss me off if it ever happened but i dont order iems from ebay to avoid this unless its obvious that its not fake

3) this is where the advantage of buying from an authorized dealer comes in. although it is more expensive the product is legit and you know for sure that your warranty will be honored if it is used. however for me at least it depends on the product and the reviews. for a company like shure if i was to ever buy iem's again i would definitely go with an authorized dealer since they have cable problems. however a company like sennheiser i might not go with the authorized dealer if i was to buy from the IE series since its been mentioned in the forums and other places that they are well made and their cable is pretty good. that's my take on buying from an authorized dealer at least.

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:29 AM Post #3 of 23
Why get the CX300-II from them for 16 bucks when PCmall is selling it for the same price. CX400-II is a different story. What is this CX299 and CX400 G4? Never heard of these models, fake model numbers now also?

Nov 4, 2009 at 5:44 AM Post #4 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by coldmack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is this CX299 and CX400 G4? Never heard of these models, fake model numbers now also?

LOL!!! I guess!

I guess they are working on getting Sennheiser HD799 in the market soon

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:09 AM Post #8 of 23
Quote:

Equal to which American model? What about this CX450 I heard about?

No idea what the CX299 are equal to. I have never heard of a CX450.

Nov 4, 2009 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 23
Quote:

What about the CX350, I saw those on ebay a while back.

Pretty sure the CX350 is just the black version of the (gaudy) sports-line CX380.

Nov 4, 2009 at 12:54 PM Post #13 of 23
do not rule out the possibility that really..this 'seller' has none of these IEM's. He will reel you in with super low prices on high end IEM's, you will say oo I will have x number of units, you send him the money via some obscure payment method that is hard to track, a week or two later he contacts you saying oh terribly sorry I can't source the items, I will refund you the money..which of course never surfaces.
A scammer.

I say go along with it, never send him a penny but make some really outrageous demands see how far he will go to scam you
evil_smiley.gif

Welcome to the 419 Eater

Nov 16, 2009 at 7:00 PM Post #15 of 23
Quote:

Originally Posted by CodeScripted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well this person just sold a few on eBay about a week ago. And got positive feedback for them.

positive feedback really means nothing.............

Price is just too suspicious

Users who are viewing this thread

Back