Fake or real? Thanks.
Jul 6, 2008 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

blackwater

New Head-Fier
I'm looking at the CX 500's

Amazon.com: Used and New: Sennheiser CX 500-B In-Ear Headphone

Those cheap ones on the bottom look good, but a little too cheap...
In the speedy-shipment store's reviews one guy said that his CX's were fake, and the seller wasn't accepting returns on it, but the seller replied saying that
the buyer wanted to return after thirty days ans was angry so he
fabricated a story.
I don't know who to believe.

You guys seem smart and thirty bucks seem cheap. Help?

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:43 AM Post #2 of 13
I can't help, but I'll add that I bought the CX 300's off ebay for someone else. I ended up hearing them and my initial impression wasn't too favorable. Then people on here say there are lots of fakes floating around. *sigh* If anyone can provide details on how to tell if they're fake that'd be appreciated.

Jul 6, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #3 of 13
I would have to say fake, the price is just too good to be true and all of those sellers look fairly new and haven't had that many sales yet. Also ebay is flooded with fake sennheiser in-ears.

Jul 6, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #5 of 13
i used to own the etymotic er6i which can be had for about 75 and i absolutely loved them. There isolation is outstanding and they sounded really nice too. They were a little weak in the bass, but overall a good purchase. Those are the only IEMs i ever owned so i cant really recommend anything else. You also have the ultimate ears super fi and i believe denon has an offering in your price range too

Jul 6, 2008 at 2:17 AM Post #7 of 13
i have only ever heard the er6i. i chose those because of there small size. the ultimate ears stick out a lot and look kinda goofy. the sennheiser and denons use a different kind of tip on them and dont go as deep into the ear. isolation suffers but some people find them more comfortable. i have odd shaped ear canals and know that the sennheiser and denons would just fall out.

Jul 6, 2008 at 2:22 AM Post #9 of 13
The ER-6i get better in the bass (and in the comfort) if you use Shure black foams instead of tri-flanges.

Jul 6, 2008 at 4:34 AM Post #12 of 13
yes they will, many shure, etymotic, and westone IEMs have the same sized stem and can use the the same tips

Users who are viewing this thread

Back