Fake headphones on amazon.com??
Sep 13, 2008 at 9:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

hear_the_sound

Head-Fier
I bought a pair of Sennheiser CX-300 and they sound so terrible I'm starting to think they might be fake...I got them from directly amazon.com (not a third party seller) which is a major online vendor. What do you guys think though. Is it possible they are fake? Maybe someone who sells fakes swaps them with real ones or something?? I've read the cx-300 are one of the most imitated headphones.

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by lewislink /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not from Amazon, you didn't. Amazon is a well respected and highly reliable store. However, Amazon will accept returns.

Might I ask what canalphone you are used to?

The only other in ear phone I have is a cheap pair of jbuds that my friend got me for christmas haha. i was looking to upgrade but i think the jbuds sound much better. the sound from my cx-300 is really muffled and the guitars sound distorted like noise.... (???) the cx-300 and the jbuds fit similarly; i wouldn't say either are really canalphones though as they don't go in the ear canal, just a little deeper than regular ear buds.
anyway i will probably just return the cx-300 and hope i don't get charged a fee for opening them.

edit:
i also have the px-100 which i bought from amazon and i love them, so i do like the sennheiser sound. this is why i'm wondering

Sep 13, 2008 at 11:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by hear_the_sound /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only other in ear phone I have is a cheap pair of jbuds that my friend got me for christmas haha. i was looking to upgrade but i think the jbuds sound much better. the sound from my cx-300 is really muffled and the guitars sound distorted like noise.... (???) the cx-300 and the jbuds fit similarly; i wouldn't say either are really canalphones though as they don't go in the ear canal, just a little deeper than regular ear buds.
anyway i will probably just return the cx-300 and hope i don't get charged a fee for opening them.

edit:
i also have the px-100 which i bought from amazon and i love them, so i do like the sennheiser sound. this is why i'm wondering

They're all canalphones except the earbuds, which don't seal the canal. A canaphone will seal the canal even by blocking the canal off like these kinds usually do.

However, that does sound exactly like a fake, to me. I'd request an RMA for defect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back