Fake Bose qc20i?
Jan 16, 2014 at 1:51 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Turbo Ace

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone,

I am just wondering if anyone has encountered any fake Bose qc20i earphones? I know there are plenty of fake qc15 's, but I have at least seen proof of those.

Someone around my city happens to be selling an "unused pair with everything that came with it, however without the box" which he claims to have won. He is selling them for 100 dollars which sounds like a steal.

Please keep this thread on topic, as I know there are many of you that would suggest "just get a better set of iem's with comply tips blah blah blah". I have many great iem's that I enjoy using, but I just want a good set of noise cancelling earphones for when I study at school.

Thanks for your time everyone.

Jan 18, 2014 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 8
No Answere, but i just like to support you in this question because i have the same question.

I have been following the prices of qc 20s and qc20i for some months now, and during the last month, there are quite a lot of offers on the internet and particullarly on ebay selling qc20s and especially 20i's for under 200 Euros.

e.g. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BOSE-Quit-Comfort-QC-20i-/281246904603?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item417b9f311b

Selling from spain or from the US. They are with boxes, but not with receipts. The sellers seem to have credibility if you look at the client satisfaction ratings, but then, i have been fooled before, there are some tricks to get a lot of good ratings. But its really tempting.

For your particular case, if you can collect them at the house of the seller because he is close by, i would probably take the risk. You know where he lives then, so that gives some leaverage, just by post, i would hesitate.

Soo did any one ever heared of fake qc 20(i)s?

Mar 14, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #3 of 8
I picked up an open box QC20i from eBay (US seller) for $220 shipped. Seller had good feedback, but was still a little leery. Got them less than a week later and they look like they've never been taken out of the package. Definitely aren't fake because the NC is pretty amazing. I also think it would be harder to replicate this one than the QC15.

Not sure where the sellers are getting them from (so there is a chance that part may not be legit), but if you see one around that price range it's probably legit assuming the seller has a decent rating.

Apr 26, 2014 at 5:47 AM Post #4 of 8
I am sorry to say that counterfeit Bose QC20i are on sale
mad.gif

I am looking at a pair now, bought off Ebay.co.uk from seller rss-ltd.
From a quick glance they look authentic, but delve a little deeper and it soon becomes apparent they are not the real deal.

1. Genuine Bose comes in a shrink wrap box (assuming it hasn't been opened) but my 'Brand new in box' did not have this wrapping.
2. This was the main slip-up. The Warranty Card for Bose is a shiny piece of card with the serial number on it, mine was a photocopied A4 piece of paper with no serial number.
3. The accessories pouch was poorly stitched and the zip was not stitched in a straight line.
4. The body of the real Bose, where the battery is, has a slightly rubberised feel to it, the fake is quite shiny and there is a piece of sticky tape on the back, with a couple of air bubbles in it. Not the Bose standard at all.
5. The ear buds themselves seemed OK but when you listened to any audio you realised that there was either very little or no noise cancelling going on. The decrease in background noise was because what you were listening to was being amplified, hence making the background noise appear less.

Hope this helps someone.
Cheers
Lee

Jun 7, 2014 at 5:54 AM Post #5 of 8
  I am sorry to say that counterfeit Bose QC20i are on sale
mad.gif

I am looking at a pair now, bought off Ebay.co.uk from seller rss-ltd.
From a quick glance they look authentic, but delve a little deeper and it soon becomes apparent they are not the real deal.

1. Genuine Bose comes in a shrink wrap box (assuming it hasn't been opened) but my 'Brand new in box' did not have this wrapping.
2. This was the main slip-up. The Warranty Card for Bose is a shiny piece of card with the serial number on it, mine was a photocopied A4 piece of paper with no serial number.
3. The accessories pouch was poorly stitched and the zip was not stitched in a straight line.
4. The body of the real Bose, where the battery is, has a slightly rubberised feel to it, the fake is quite shiny and there is a piece of sticky tape on the back, with a couple of air bubbles in it. Not the Bose standard at all.
5. The ear buds themselves seemed OK but when you listened to any audio you realised that there was either very little or no noise cancelling going on. The decrease in background noise was because what you were listening to was being amplified, hence making the background noise appear less.

Hope this helps someone.
Cheers
Lee

Could you post photos of things to look out for, thanks

Jun 21, 2014 at 5:26 PM Post #6 of 8
I have unfortunately bought fake Bose Qc20i on Ebay. At first sight it seemed to be original, but the noise cancelling (I have also the QC3) was not so good. The plastic of the earphones has a bad smell and the quality of the materials was not so good. I've sent to Report_Counterfeits@bose.com the photos and they confirm to me that the earphones are not original.
Fabio

Jun 30, 2014 at 1:27 PM Post #8 of 8
By chance I came across this posting as I too have recently purchased Bose 20i headphones from ebay seller rss ltd.

Alarm bells started to ring as I was originally asked to use a different Paypal account from the one originally shown on ebay. 

When the product arrived I first discovered that I couldn't register the product on the Bose website. I then noticed a different serial number on the Warranty to the box. Most obviously though the product had a plastic-y feel, certainly not of the build quality I would expect from BOSE. 

Disappointed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back