Fairy Tale of New York: The Mysterious Dylan Christmas Cover-album
Oct 18, 2009 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

catachresis

Headphoneus Supremus
Here's the Observer review.

Heeeh--it's not cynical kitch if you're doing for charity, man!

**[In C#] Weeek-waah-waah-wonk!**

Yeeah, man, I know what you're thinkin'. "Bob, you don't look like no Santee Claus." Well, I'm just lettin' you know, it's Christmas on the Inside, and thet's where it counts! Rock-on, Baby-Jesus!

**[In C#] Tweee!--wee--hononk-wonk!**

Oct 19, 2009 at 2:00 PM Post #2 of 5
The funniest statement about this album that I heard was that it sounds like the local derelict street drunk walked into the church and started singing with the choir.

I have to agree that left a smile on my face as I was listening to excerpts. You have to be a real Dylan fan to like this album and actually take it seriously.

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:55 AM Post #3 of 5
@BobMcN, I'm with you this far: "You have to be a real Dylan fan to [. . .] actually take it seriously."

I heard he tried to call in a favor from Joan Baez, who knows her way around a classy Xmas album, but she wasn't taking Bob's calls. She tells Vanity Fair that "Bob's heart is two sizes too small."

Oct 20, 2009 at 11:35 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:

Originally Posted by BobMcN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The funniest statement about this album that I heard was that it sounds like the local derelict street drunk walked into the church and started singing with the choir.

I have to agree that left a smile on my face as I was listening to excerpts. You have to be a real Dylan fan to like this album and actually take it seriously.

As a real Dylan fan........I ain't touching that ****.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back