FAD Sonorous VI or AQ Nighhawk? Which and why :)
Jun 8, 2016 at 3:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Synthax

500+ Head-Fier
Dear Headfiers,
Which one is better all rounder. I have Phonitor 2 which was sounding very nice with Sonorous VI, i have had only once an opportunity to hear Nighthawks. Which offer better sound, more pleasant, and more spacious? Price tag does not matter.

Jun 8, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2 of 11
I have owned both and I would go for the nighthawks which I still own. The Pandora is awesome too, but not nearly as comfortable, and it does not have the same thick, smooth, natural sound of the nighthawk. The nighthawk has a larger soundstage, better instrument separation, while the Pandora has a more forward intimate presentation.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 11
I own the NH, and actually also wanted to purchase the Sonorous VI, but was put off by the weight. Are there other headphones that has equally large earpads and similar sound signature to the Sonorous VI, but less heavy? (Momentum has similar sound but also uncomfortable)

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:18 PM Post #4 of 11
I owned the iv and the vi at the same time and found myself grabbing the iv more often because it was lighter, and had very similar sound when using the same pads. This is when they were called fad pandora hope though, before they were sonorous.

Jun 8, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 11
I owned the iv and the vi at the same time and found myself grabbing the iv more often because it was lighter, and had very similar sound when using the same pads. This is when they were called fad pandora hope though, before they were sonorous.

Do you know of anything lighter than the Hope IV that also sound similar, heaviest headphone that I had was DT 1770 (388g) Thank you

Jun 8, 2016 at 9:00 PM Post #6 of 11
Closest sound to the Hope iv I can remember is the shure 1540 which is ergonomically amazing, very well built and super comfortable. The sound is somewhat comparable as well, but nothing has the same final audio design house sound.

Jun 9, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #7 of 11
  Dear Headfiers,
Which one is better all rounder. I have Phonitor 2 which was sounding very nice with Sonorous VI, i have had only once an opportunity to hear Nighthawks. Which offer better sound, more pleasant, and more spacious? Price tag does not matter.

What stood out to me about the NH is its warm tone in the vein of the HD 650. Probably what Jackson means with thick and smooth. That alone makes it have more potential for being a good allrounder over the Sonorous/Pandora. A forgiving and comfortable headphone. A polarizing statement is laid back vs in your face. 

For what you're looking for I'd give the edge to the Nighthawk.

Jun 9, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #8 of 11
The quality of treble with Sonorous VI was exceptional for me. I like th intimacy of vocals and general slighty fun factor, that makes even lower quality songs to sound pleasant. 
The comfort to me lets say 8/10, while the NH were 9,5/10

I'm a bif afraid about dullnes of NH. But I'm also a bit afraid ot to exicted Sonorous VI signature :)

Jun 10, 2016 at 3:35 AM Post #10 of 11
  The quality of treble with Sonorous VI was exceptional for me. I like th intimacy of vocals and general slighty fun factor, that makes even lower quality songs to sound pleasant. 
The comfort to me lets say 8/10, while the NH were 9,5/10

I'm a bif afraid about dullnes of NH. But I'm also a bit afraid ot to exicted Sonorous VI signature :)

Maybe a good question is what's not to like about the Sonorous except lesser comfort? And what makes you think the NH could be dull?

They're far enough from each other to be complementary headphones in my opinion. 

Aug 24, 2018 at 2:10 AM Post #11 of 11
If someone is still interested: I choose Sonorous :) There were few other headphones before, and long time, but Sonorous got that music plankton that make them always fascinating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back