F1 Australia - A sigh of relief
Mar 28, 2010 at 8:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

stewtheking

Headphoneus Supremus
I must admit, I was very worried after the debacle a couple of weeks ago, but today's race was very much worth getting out of bed for. So much drama all through, and the teams seem to be getting to grips with the strategy of these no-refueling races, which made everything a bit tighter.

Super drives from both Button and Kubica, very interesting problems further down the field, with Hamilton losing his head completely, and Webber having an uncharacteristic 'rush of blood to the head' in that move that crashed them both out of contention.

2 big disappointments for me. 1 is Schumacher, who is still a long way from having his race hat on again, and Red Bull's pathetic reliability. It cost them the world championship last year, and it looks like doing the same again this year.

Oh, and please please please please please, can we have on-board-adjustable-wings soon, so that we can see some real overtaking? Thanks.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:04 AM Post #2 of 15
I was there,it was my first time.

enjoyed Button's victory
wink.gif

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 15
No to adjustable rear wing. If you lose your front you just under steer. Lose your rear and you'll crash. Let's just leave them as it is.

The way to get more passing is to ban the rear diffuser. It's causing way too much turbulence to pass at anywhere but the straights.

Webber is often reckless.

Schuey was buggered at the first corner. Nothing he can do about that. Blame Alonso.

My only really D= was at Massa who seemed to think he could weave around. How about ONE move to block and not 4. Idiot.

Mar 28, 2010 at 9:55 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
2 big disappointments for me. 1 is Schumacher, who is still a long way from having his race hat on again,

you've got to wonder really whether he has lost that competitive spark for good. He's been in retirement from F1 for 3 years and it will be just interesting to see whether he can get back to the old no one can beat me schumey of yesteryear.
You have to think though just how competitive the field is right now, there is alot of both young and experienced talent peaking, Jenson on the form of his life for instance.

and a great race from him today. Real big shame about Lewis, he made such amazing pace only to be caught behind his old nemesis then be hit by Webber. But props to Alonso though

Mar 29, 2010 at 2:19 PM Post #5 of 15
Schumacher did a good start and then Alonso made a reckless move and did not yield to Button who had the right of way. The incident was completely Alonso's fault neither Button or Schumacher can be faulted for that.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:30 AM Post #10 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by fordgtlover /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep - it sure was a big relief. Lots of people pushing, and with variable weather - a very entertaining race.

It's Red Bull's championship to lose (again) this year
smily_headphones1.gif

Agreed! Once again Vettel proved that he was the fastest consistent driver in the field, both in qualifying and race conditions. The Red Bull car handles varying fuel loads very nicely and definitely has the edge over the other competitors.

Mar 30, 2010 at 9:29 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by stewtheking /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I must admit, I was very worried after the debacle a couple of weeks ago, but today's race was very much worth getting out of bed for. So much drama all through, and the teams seem to be getting to grips with the strategy of these no-refueling races, which made everything a bit tighter.

Super drives from both Button and Kubica, very interesting problems further down the field, with Hamilton losing his head completely, and Webber having an uncharacteristic 'rush of blood to the head' in that move that crashed them both out of contention.

2 big disappointments for me. 1 is Schumacher, who is still a long way from having his race hat on again, and Red Bull's pathetic reliability. It cost them the world championship last year, and it looks like doing the same again this year.

Oh, and please please please please please, can we have on-board-adjustable-wings soon, so that we can see some real overtaking? Thanks.

Dont get too excited just yet.The adverse weather was the sole reason why the race was exciting.The jury is still out as to wether the new rules will enhance F1 or not.I think Stefano Domenicalli (Ferrari) hit the nail on the head, when he said that the current F1 cars are too aerodynamically efficient, making overtaking damn near impossible.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:14 AM Post #13 of 15
This Australian race was the most enjoyable race to watch since Hungary 2006, which Button also won
biggrin.gif

I'm worried about Schumacher, it seems that the Brawn GP design still hasn't matched the Red Bull's abilities, Button won a lot of points when BGP had the edge and managed to defend superbly to win even when his car wasn't as far ahead as it was.

Great as he is I doubt Schumacher can turn a 'slow' car into a race winner when the margins are so tiny.

Cracking season though, all 3 champions are on top form in cars that are able to fight, Renault is fast again, I can't wait for Sunday.

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:21 AM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by FrederikS|TPU /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Schumacher did a good start and then Alonso made a reckless move and did not yield to Button who had the right of way. The incident was completely Alonso's fault neither Button or Schumacher can be faulted for that.

What are you smoking??????? Even if it was Buttons' corner... Schumi on the the outside prevented/trapped Alonso from doing anything. At that point, it was out of Alonso's hands... and he charged through the field.
beerchug.gif

I'm NOT (correction, was not) a huge Alonso fan, but his aggressiveness to get to fourth and class to not SLAM the team on the radio to get past the slower Massa shows a lot. It can easily be argued that Alonso gave Ferrari a 3-4 finish. If he passed Massa (who was getting passed all day) Ferrari may have had a 3-6/7

Mar 31, 2010 at 12:25 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by vagarach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This Australian race was the most enjoyable race to watch since Hungary 2006, which Button also won
biggrin.gif

I'm worried about Schumacher, it seems that the Brawn GP design still hasn't matched the Red Bull's abilities, Button won a lot of points when BGP had the edge and managed to defend superbly to win even when his car wasn't as far ahead as it was.

Great as he is I doubt Schumacher can turn a 'slow' car into a race winner when the margins are so tiny.

Cracking season though, all 3 champions are on top form in cars that are able to fight, Renault is fast again, I can't wait for Sunday.

I for one don't feel that Schumi is a traitor as many Ferrari and other fans feel (he is either THE greatest or among the greatest of all time)... but he should really shut his mouth a bit (complaining to Whiting about being blocked by Hamilton and Alonso in Quali)... he is still behind his teammate... once he's faster than his teammate he can worry about putting the team on his shoulders as he did when he went to Ferrari
normal_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back