f.lux software - check this out
Oct 22, 2013 at 1:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

moriez

Headphoneus Supremus
I gotta tell you about this program that could help in maintaining or even improving your health. Something quite special and rare.

What it does: automatic shifting of the color gradient of your screen at sunset and sunrise.
From my experience it indeed results in somewhat less of a strain to the eyes throughout the night. There's interesting explaining on their website which I leave you with: http://justgetflux.com/
You will also read that it might help against sleep disorders(!)

A tip, when you first install it the default setting is down to 3400K (Halogen). This is much too orange colored. 4200K is a much nicer setting but ofcourse YMMV.

Curious what you think about it.

Oct 22, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #2 of 10
I've been using it for years now, it's awesome! I have my daylight color set to 5400 and my night color set to 4400 or 3400 depending on what I'm doing. 

Oct 23, 2013 at 3:04 AM Post #4 of 10
Cool to hear enthusiasm about the product. If you haven't tried this yet, JUMP ON IT! I won't let this thread go off the first page for at least the rest of the month. People MUST know about it.

Sep 19, 2015 at 3:34 PM Post #6 of 10
Necro for the whole HF community

I'm so used to this piece of software now I don't go without it. In my uber firm opinion anyone who's staring at a default screen at night is doing himself short.
The thing is, you won't know what you're missing until you try it. Takes less than two minutes to have a quick look at the video to get the idea.

It may require some getting used to but I'm pretty sure you'll thank yourself soon enough for installing. DOIT!
redface.gif

Sep 20, 2015 at 1:13 PM Post #7 of 10
thats quite the coincidence - i just installed this thing last night (before reading this thread). while i doubt very much it will help me with my sleep disorders - its definitely easier on the eyes! i even found some app to do the same on my phone - so far so good

Oct 30, 2015 at 12:24 AM Post #9 of 10
Check your monitor settings first. You can get the same effect by turning down the blue or selecting a warm color temperature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back