F.A. Eterna in a 'phone or 'bud for similar sound
Nov 19, 2009 at 8:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Orange1

100+ Head-Fier
The review that ClieOS gave makes me ask, based on that description, what earbud or headphone can be described as similar to his review of the Fischer Audio Eterna?

Eterna is a pair of very musical sounding IEM - it is not about accuracy of the sonic reproduction, but the 110% dedication to fun and music enjoyment. It has a slightly warm and an upfront presentation. Treble is there but not on the center stage. Midrange is full and vocal is sweet. Bass has a really good body, depth and decent speed though it still misses the deepest of sub-bass compared to that of real bass monster (i.e. Atrio). Airiness and soundstage are almost spot on for a pair of IEM, neither too far or near and yet still retains clear separation and layers. This is by far one of the best dynamic universal I have heard (placing it alongside with IE8 and just slightly ahead of RE0) and to best them all - it only costs $59. I dare to say I even prefer it over almost dull sounding SE530 and almost on par of TF10 (only because TF10 offers better accuracy with less coloration). To add more points to Eterna, it is almost as comfortable as UM2 and has a really good build quality. If I have to pick a weak point from Eterna, it is the lack of hard case since it is rather bulky with the ear guide in place. Highly recommended with a Sonic Diamond™ Award.

Nov 20, 2009 at 11:27 AM Post #2 of 2
ClieOS, in response to a private message said there was no sound signature he could think of like the Eterna that would be in a bud or phone.

If anyone comes up with one please post your pick.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back