Eyeglasses: Having Trouble Finding Rimless Styles I Like
Oct 16, 2009 at 2:55 PM Post #16 of 19
Discount Eyeglasses online - Prescription eyeglasses & Prescription Sunglasses, Reading glasses

I have purchased 10 pair, not kidding, from these folks and everyone was on the money, as long as your script is right. And they have so many frames to choose from, it's unreal. I used to think I needed to try them on first, but at these prices, I tried one pair, with success (read about it in a NYT story), and I was off and running. I have a $200 a year prescription benefit, so it was really a slam dunk. And they have great customer service, at least they have with me. After the first pair, a 10 percent discount on every purchase. I have nothing to gain, but I really found this to be great. Many of my friends tried and had the same success.

Oct 16, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #17 of 19
I can't seem to find it on the web but we used to sell a lot when I ground lenses, and I have a pair at home somewhere so maybe I can get the full information.... but there's a company that sells a pair of glasses called .5, so named because they way something ridiculous like half an ounce or 5 grams or something of that nature.

Anyway, they're just like the silhouette glasses linked above, but the bridges and temples are both made out of translucent plastics. You have to get cable temples because they won't stay on your face otherwise (due to how light they are)... sounds exactly like what you're looking for.

Oct 17, 2009 at 8:07 AM Post #18 of 19
I agree with judge on the weight thing, The reason I don't really notice my glasses is because my frames are pretty much featherweight. After I had PRK I had one lens replaced with just a clear lens so now they are unbalanced and I notice the lenses more but they are still lighter than any pair of glasses I've had.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back