extremely disappointed in Ec3's
Jul 18, 2006 at 8:41 AM Post #16 of 41
Try not to shove earphones too far in - I believe that IEMs should go no ferther in than your ring finger into your ear.... as long as you get ok seal then sound quality is better.

Other than that Westone UM2's are the way to go.....

Jul 18, 2006 at 9:16 AM Post #17 of 41
I had the same problem. I went out and bought some Westone UM2 after that. Wow the bass was better, just as comfortable, and nice for all different genres.

That said, I love my E4c, and wont be giving them up anytime soon becuase they have gobs of detail, larger soundstage, better dynamics (esp. when amped) and work allot better with non bass driven genres of music. Some Dreamtheater, Fleetwood mac, Liquid tension experiment, Mozart, etc. are great on the E4c (i know you have e3c, but they are similar)

The UM2 kill with Tupac, Cypress hill, Ministry of Sound mixes, Bass Mechanic, etc.

So what I am geting to is this: the E3c may work wonders with your genres that it was designed to work with (more "natural" recordings that are more vocal/treble driven). You may want to give them some time and use them carefully for at least a month (that is how oing it takes me to evaluate gear). If you don't like them, sell them here.

Finally, what equipment are you using? You have the Nano. What quality files are you throwing at your 'buds? How loud do you play it? If you want a little more bass and increase dynamics then you can always get a small amp with bass boost (Xin Supermini is excellent) to accomodate the E3c.

If all fails...well....time for other IEM. I definately think that you will like the dual driver IEM like UM2 or Shure E5c. Don't get E4c if you really can't get into your music with the E3c. If budget is issue then get the UE offerings. Shoot me a PM if you want more compare/contrast between the Shure and UM2 or any questions in general.

Oh....welcome to Head-fi. Sorry about your wallet
very_evil_smiley.gif

Neil

Jul 18, 2006 at 10:43 AM Post #18 of 41
Are you wearing them correctly. They are supposed to go over your ear; they don't just hang down like regular earbuds. Just my 2 cents, I had to point this out to a kid at school once.

Jul 18, 2006 at 11:25 AM Post #20 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Woosh
my $50 cx300 dont have much fancy technology as your $250 E3cs but after listening to my friends pair pretty shure it has much more tight and deeper bass.

If you're talking about USD, you can buy two pairs of E3s for $250 and have money left over to buy a CD or two.

Jul 18, 2006 at 12:37 PM Post #23 of 41
I don't like them much either, so if you still don't like them after a while, don't be too hard on yourself.

It just goes to show, don't believe reviews on the web.

They are just too rolled off in the treble and lack sufficient bass to listen to anything but pure vocals

Jul 18, 2006 at 3:29 PM Post #24 of 41
If possible, I would strongly suggest another trip accross the border so you can return them and try the E4c's. They sound at least 5 times better than the E3c's IMO, with a lot more bass. You can find them online from headfi sponsors for much less than retail. I love the E4C's; I can no longer stand to listen to the E3c's.

Jul 18, 2006 at 5:12 PM Post #26 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ComfyCan
If possible, I would strongly suggest another trip accross the border so you can return them and try the E4c's. They sound at least 5 times better than the E3c's IMO, with a lot more bass. You can find them online from headfi sponsors for much less than retail. I love the E4C's; I can no longer stand to listen to the E3c's.

Exactly....what he said.

After 1 week with E3's, while the mid-range is awesome, I just couldn't get past the weak bass and veiled highs.

After 5 months with the E4's, still no deficiency to complain about and no real desire to upgrade.

Jul 18, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #27 of 41
Call me blunt, but it sounds like the fella doesn't like Shures. If he thinks the e3c's sound like utter !@#t, than I think recommending him some e4c's is pretty lame advice. He should sell the e3c's and get something that's more his sound signature - bassy. I think UE's or even regular headphones will satisfy his needs. For sure, not Shures.

Jul 18, 2006 at 6:43 PM Post #28 of 41
i think you just need to get used to them. at first when i bought the e3c's, i thought they sounded like crap too, like there was absolutely no difference from the ipod stock buds. however, after 1-2 months of continuously listening to the e3c's, i can finally notice the improvements. and the improvements totally justified the amount i paid for. the isolation made the music sound much better. so just keep that in mind.

another recommendation that i would agree with other posters here is in getting the e4c's. the street price is like about $180usd which is the same as what you paid for hte e3c's. they are much better than the e3c's from what i heard.

Jul 18, 2006 at 6:55 PM Post #30 of 41
You guy's should really read his original post. He obviously DOES NOT like the e3c's. Not even a little. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back