extreme treble roll off on A151
Dec 18, 2011 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

jaqueh

500+ Head-Fier
Is anyone experiencing treble roll off at 8khz? Like right at the cusp of being able to notice crispiness aka "t" or "s" sounds. Also, all the  harmonics from the music i normally listen to is completely absent when i listen to these. Now i know that BAs aren't very capable of producing a broad spectrum of sound, but am i just having fit problems or will amping these help them significantly? The mids on these arent even that forward for that to be the issue if anything lower mids and bass is pretty emphasized with them.

Dec 19, 2011 at 2:27 PM Post #2 of 8
bumpitybump

Jan 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #3 of 8
Hey, I've been playing around with the tips on my A151s, after initially being very underwhelmed by the sound, and noticed that the biflange tips fix the treble, making it present and clear, yet still sweet. Also, excessive warmth is gone, making the whole range sound better and cleaner. Anyway, I was going to share this with head-fi, and found your thread. This improvement made me really dig them much more, I think I like them more now that the CC51s, which I also own.

Jan 29, 2012 at 4:52 PM Post #4 of 8
i tried the double flanges but just found that that "clarity" was just more resonance, but didn't actually do anything to resolve the frequency problems

Jan 29, 2012 at 5:51 PM Post #5 of 8
While I haven't tested the frequency response of my A151, I will say that the treble was very lacking.  I would say of the dozen or so IEM's I've listened to, the A151 had the least treble. 

Jan 29, 2012 at 8:43 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
While I haven't tested the frequency response of my A151, I will say that the treble was very lacking.  I would say of the dozen or so IEM's I've listened to, the A151 had the least treble. 

i agree, but for what they are, they are still very high quality highs, way better than anything ive experienced with vmodas senns or sonys in that price range

Jan 29, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
i agree, but for what they are, they are still very high quality highs, way better than anything ive experienced with vmodas senns or sonys in that price range

Maybe compared to those brands but looking at your profile, you appear to favor bassy IEMs.  I favor neutral to slightly bright and IMHO the A151 has the most subdued highs I've heard.

Jan 29, 2012 at 11:33 PM Post #8 of 8

Quote:

Maybe compared to those brands but looking at your profile, you appear to favor bassy IEMs.  I favor neutral to slightly bright and IMHO the A151 has the most subdued highs I've heard.

not really, I actually really like treble extension, i had to throw away my a151s because of that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back