Extreme Transportation
Oct 30, 2007 at 5:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Lifter59

100+ Head-Fier
OK - now that I have gone from "simple" Universal fit Westone UM2's to UE11's and from a 2nd gen iPod nano to my just delivered 5.5 Gen iPod NIB 80G player....and I am getting ready to send it out for "modification". Not to mention the associated cable and amp to follow...(there MUST be something ELSE I can sell on eBay!!)....

I have resigned myself to the fact that I am truly on a course that will chew through a bundle of money, make me REALLY happy with music again and (based on another threads comments) have people looking at me like they will never really "understand" me.

Which brings me to the real question - Now that our "portable" systems aren't exactly portable anymore - what have people come up with as a means to carry well over $2,000 worth of personal audio gear? Trying to think up a way to keep it all secure, easy to carry, without saying "STEAL ME".

I am afraid of what THIS is going to cost......
cool.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 5:30 AM Post #2 of 9
FANNY PACK!! I don't have one, but its in front of you, and it looks cheap. OR you can just get a small satchel.

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:07 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chickenman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FANNY PACK!! I don't have one, but its in front of you, and it looks cheap. OR you can just get a small satchel.

Fanny Pack??? I don't even think I can remember the last time I saw one in SCAL
icon10.gif
I think that might be a challenge to find a better solution. I will have to give that some thought.....

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:30 PM Post #4 of 9
Nonsense. You can buy them at REI.

Oct 30, 2007 at 8:34 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by ericj /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nonsense. You can buy them at REI.

Ummm...note "smiley face" in previous post - I was kidding....but I do think that there are better solutions.

Oct 30, 2007 at 9:30 PM Post #8 of 9
Lots of folks use compact camera bags that have a belt clip. Look at the many sizes and shapes offered by Lowepro. Also, Headroom makes some nice-looking bags designed to fit an ipod + LOD/cable + amp, with space to store iems as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back