Extreme bass IEM's?
Jan 1, 2015 at 8:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

ShibeSuchBass

100+ Head-Fier
I'm an extreme basshead, I love my bass going down very low and hitting as hard as possible. I'm not looking for smooth or punchy bass, I want the most impact and deepest bass, especially sub bass. Booming, rumbling, low bass. To give a better idea of my love for extreme bass, this is what I have as far as headphones go.
I listen mostly to dubstep, specifically, original dubstep from the likes of Skream, Benga, Kromestar, and some other subgenres of Dubstep. So the music is centered around massive sub bass and mid bass.

So what IEM's would be best suited for this kind of preference(s)? I am looking to spend around $50-$100. I have been looking at this huge list of IEM's to see what I can find that would suit my needs, but can't seem to find much for my requirements and I don't know how the reviewer considers bass. I also have been looking at the basshead section of this short list, but based on their reviews and description by the OP, they don't seem impressive for the extreme bass I am looking for. So I come here asking for better tailored help and suggestions.

In a couple of days I will have the Shure SE215 arrive, which I got mostly for excellent sound isolation, but also decent bass hopefully. I also ordered the Sony XB90EX which are said to have amazing bass (I was also looking for good isolation, microphonics, and comfort when I found these), hopefully they truly will have the head smashing bass I am looking for. I am also considering the JVC HA-FX101 since they are pretty cheap and are said to have great bass.

I really need some suggestions or at least a point to the right direction. I don't know where else to look or which models to look for. And I don't trust the reviews, as a lot of them seem to be by audiophiles or casual bass enthusiasts who aim for small punchy bass, which is what I do not want... I want the most massive, deep, impactful bass an IEM can offer... But at under $100.
Thank you a ton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back