Extra Cushion KSC75 with LDM+ --> OMG!!!!
Nov 11, 2006 at 3:49 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jilgiljongiljing

Headphoneus Supremus
So I was in the local Radioshack today and I happened to notice replacement headphone pads a tad smaller than the normal KSC75 stock pads. I immediately picked them up and came back home, removed the stock pads, put the new ones on and then put the stock ones over them.Makes it really comfortable.

I then connected this to my Little Dot Micro+ and OH MY GOD!!!!! I have NEVER heard such awesome sound in a long time. What happens is this, the LDM+ adds the really high freq and amplifies all others, the extra cushion meanwhile slightly muffles the sound, hence reducing the harshness of the mids and highs. If I run the KSC75 with stock pads from the LDM+, they are piercingly sharp in mids and highs. Now they are neatly toned down, while the highest of highs still remain. They sound exceptionally Fantabulous for Rock and metal!!!!

And HELLO BASS!!! Finally the only thing missing in the KSC75!!!! Beautiful impactful bass, no bloat, no boom, perfectly following the bass and the presence is finally felt.I read someone here mention something about Synergy betw source/amp/headphone , how right that person is.

KSC75 and LDM+ have perfect synergy IMO if you add the extra cushion. Ppl who have both YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS OUT, its completely worth the 5 bucks i spent at radioshack. Here is the link
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I am completely awestruck at this moment, will take a while to recover
plainface.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 6:45 AM Post #2 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing
So I was in the local Radioshack today and I happened to notice replacement headphone pads a tad smaller than the normal KSC75 stock pads. I immediately picked them up and came back home, removed the stock pads, put the new ones on and then put the stock ones over them.Makes it really comfortable.

I then connected this to my Little Dot Micro+ and OH MY GOD!!!!! I have NEVER heard such awesome sound in a long time. What happens is this, the LDM+ adds the really high freq and amplifies all others, the extra cushion meanwhile slightly muffles the sound, hence reducing the harshness of the mids and highs. If I run the KSC75 with stock pads from the LDM+, they are piercingly sharp in mids and highs. Now they are neatly toned down, while the highest of highs still remain. They sound exceptionally Fantabulous for Rock and metal!!!!

And HELLO BASS!!! Finally the only thing missing in the KSC75!!!! Beautiful impactful bass, no bloat, no boom, perfectly following the bass and the presence is finally felt.I read someone here mention something about Synergy betw source/amp/headphone , how right that person is.

KSC75 and LDM+ have perfect synergy IMO if you add the extra cushion. Ppl who have both YOU HAVE TO TRY THIS OUT, its completely worth the 5 bucks i spent at radioshack. Here is the link
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I am completely awestruck at this moment, will take a while to recover
plainface.gif

never knew ratshack have anything tis good tis cheap! hehe. good for u and thxs for the tip
basshead.gif

now if only i can find a ratshack here...geeez..never thought i'd miss it
rolleyes.gif

Nov 11, 2006 at 9:16 PM Post #5 of 13
I like the KSC75 sound but I always found the bass lacking. Highs are too piercing only when run thru an LDM+. Otherwise they are fine. Its just a combo that works gr8 for my tastes with the extra cushion. Hope LDM+ shares a similar synergy with the ATH A700 which I will be getting anytime this week.
biggrin.gif

Nov 14, 2006 at 10:21 PM Post #6 of 13
I tried this mod. The catalogue number is 33-380, by the way. The other ones are too big.

There is a good fit of the original KSC75 pads over the Radioshack earpads. I am using a re-cabled (Drew: Blue Dragon) KSC75 with an RWA modded 4th Gen 60gb iPod photo with all music using an AIFF codec to a Xin SM IV with impedance enabled. I think the extra pad muddies the sound especially the sparkle at the top end of the piano (listening to some Chopin right now). So, YMMV with this mod. I think things are definitely "toned down" but at the loss of some clarity. I have only been listening for about an hour, so maybe I haven't given the mod a chance. But somehow the top is missing.

The extra pad does add to comfort, though. Worth a try at $4.19 before tax. Maybe this works better with equipment that is given to more pronouced highs.

Nov 15, 2006 at 12:39 AM Post #7 of 13
Yeah this mod doesnt sound that great straight from my mp3 player, the "Wow" factor came into effect only when I plugged in my LDM+.

And yes they certainly are more comfy and they sit firmer against your ears and hence dont move everytime you move my head.

Nov 17, 2006 at 12:52 AM Post #8 of 13
Hi guys. I just purchased the KSC75s and notice that if i press the headphones very lightly against my ears they're more bassy. So the upgraded pads probably have this effect as well as canceling a bit of the highs???

So 33-380 is what I'm after, not what the OP said.

Also, what are the most benefitial mods/upgrades for the KSC75s??? Maybe theres already a thread bout this, could someone direct me??

Nov 17, 2006 at 5:15 PM Post #11 of 13
Think the most popular ones are the Kramer mod, bowl mod and recabling. I dont think I have heard of anything other than those. Ofcourse, some ppl take it a step further and replace the grill with wire mesh. Just look for kramer modded KSC75, u shud get the rite threads.

Nov 17, 2006 at 5:28 PM Post #12 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chodecz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi guys. I just purchased the KSC75s and notice that if i press the headphones very lightly against my ears they're more bassy. So the upgraded pads probably have this effect as well as canceling a bit of the highs???

So 33-380 is what I'm after, not what the OP said.

Also, what are the most benefitial mods/upgrades for the KSC75s??? Maybe theres already a thread bout this, could someone direct me??

try bending the earclips till it presses against the ears tighter or as tight as your ears can take. IMO the result be akin to what u described (at least it did for me). only drawbacks will be that its abit harder to put on and maybe slightly more irritating to your ears but then again,u mite like how it feels
evil_smiley.gif
the best mod is the cheapest and easiest mod. dont get no cheaper nor easier than this
wink.gif
enjoy!

Nov 17, 2006 at 11:08 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by chodecz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the upgraded pads probably have this effect as well as canceling a bit of the highs???

Actually it cancelled a lot of the good highs (sparkle) for me and sounded really muddy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back